Martin D15 thoughts

Much love for the D15 here? The pre M
I know the 15 series is popular, thought I might gather a few opinions here

i bought one as an impulse over the weekend. Unseen and it’s got a top crack. Crazy I know 

not sure if it’s hog or sapele. Doesn’t matter I guess 
my very first Martin guitar. Never thought I’d own one 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    Well done. Been after a Martin myself
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I haven’t got my hands on it yet. Collecting this week after having the crack sorted. 
    Ill post an update when I get it
  • Its got a crack? In the top?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Yes. A seem crack behind the bridge. Also a couple of loose back braces. It’s clearly been stored badly and suffered some humidity issues. 
    Finally got this up and running today. 
    More work than I expected. Had to have crack repaired, re glue back separation and some loose braces 
    the neck angle was poor also but over the course of a week I tightened the neck bolt (Martin claims this bolt is only for when the neck joint is curing) and the neck angle came back to useable 
    Its the first Martin I’ve owned and the first longer scale I’ve owned and I have to say it fantastic. 
    I see what all the love for the 15 series is all about. The bass is big but crisp and ‘tight’. 
    Mellow maybe? Buttery? Smooth punchy mids. Trebles arnt sparkling which is fine. All in all its been through the wars but it sounds and plays great 

https://i.imgur.com/ATRjrxx.jpg