Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Brexit Prepping

What's Hot

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Currently collecting shiny pebbles to barter with.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do you upper middle class twonks have any idea what is going on in the world?   You people wouldn't know an issue, let alone how to deal with it, if it happened to you.  I'm here hoping that I can afford the €800 balance on my Vigier when it's complete! 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22742
    Kilgore said:
    equalsql said:

Any general prepper tips for a newbie survivalist? 
    Just ensure that your gun is cleaned and oiled. You don't need to worry about food, your neighbours will give you theirs.
    Also:  Get really fat.  Grow a big grey beard.  Buy XXXL army surplus clothing (along with some giant cans of peanut butter, if available).  Dig a bunker in your back garden.  Brush up on the Second Amendment (I know it's American, but they'll want us to sign up in exchange for all that chlorinated chicken).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ‘Brexit Preppers’ just became the name of my new band. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3003
    ‘Brexit Preppers’ just became the name of my new band. 

I reckon Canned Chicken sounds better 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Shrews said:
    ‘Brexit Preppers’ just became the name of my new band. 

I reckon Canned Chicken sounds better 
    Surely you mean

Canned Meat....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Spam? Does Andrew Ridgeley still need a gig?
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2933
    Can you still get Beanfeast? I lived on that stuff when I was on the Rock 'n' Roll. And Barnstormer Cider (Foxhunter Cream on Giro day).
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31529
    We'll just eat the leavetards, luckily they're all fat.
    ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266

I prefer to eat remainders. 

They're seasoned better. More salty. 

;) 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24207
    p90fool said:
    ;)
    Lots of gammon to go round!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    p90fool said:
    ;)
    Somerset Cheddar on Jacob's Crackers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Disinfectant, cigarette lighters and a gun should set you up ok. Learn how to make kerosene..
    I've got about 30 bags of high quality BBQ briquettes that I can make last for 12 hours per half-bag for low and slow cooking.

I suppose the main problem is that all the polls show that there are far more remainers than leavers so there might not be enough leaver meat to go round. 

Definitely need to impose a state of emergency when the leaver meat runs out.

On the plus side, the average IQ of the country will rise astonishingly when the leavers have all been eaten.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited February 2019
    will be no shortage of Tea cos it comes from Yorkshire and as we know, us Brits solve every problem by having a cup of Tea
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    It’s the lack of Garibaldi’s that worry me. 
    57Deluxe said:
    will be no shortage of Tea cos it comes from Yorkshire and as we know, us Brits solve every problem by having a cup of Tea
    It’s the lack of Garibaldi’s that worry me. 
    That’s a plus for me.

And that the supply of haricot beans might be badly affected. I hate baked beans.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Have started a little stockpile of tinned and dried food. Also some stuff in the big freezer. Better safe than sorry. It'll get eaten whatever happens. 

"There won't be any food shortages" say the people who said Nissan/Airbus wouldn't have job losses, the banks wouldn't move out, the leave campaign wasn't involved in criminal conspiracy etc. Don't trust a Brexiteer to tell you whether to prepare, their trade is delusion and lies. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Have started a little stockpile of tinned and dried food. Also some stuff in the big freezer. Better safe than sorry. It'll get eaten whatever happens. 

"There won't be any food shortages" say the people who said Nissan/Airbus wouldn't have job losses, the banks wouldn't move out, the leave campaign wasn't involved in criminal conspiracy etc. Don't trust a Brexiteer to tell you whether to prepare, their trade is delusion and lies. 
    Nissan is primarily down to diesel sales plummetting.  They were only planning to build the diesel model in Sunderland.  They were always planning to build the petrol version in Japan.  The problem is that the remoaner press has made all the headlines about Brexit.

This is from the BBC article on it:

Peter Campbell, the motor industry correspondent at the Financial Times, said the fall in demand for diesels would appear to be one of the main factors in the announcement as Nissan was planning to make mainly diesel versions of the X-Trail in Sunderland.

He told the BBC: "If Nissan decided to make those cars in petrol it would have to ship engines over from Japan and the cost of doing that work against the decision to build it in the UK."

Nissan would almost certainly have pulled this investment anyway given what has happened to diesel sales, and what is going to happen in the future.  That article says that 80% of the cars from that Sunderland plant are exported.  It doesn't say where, but it will be mostly to the EU.  Look what is happening with diesel in other EU countries who are actually doing something about air pollution.  Diesel cars are going to be banned in Paris, Madrid, and Athens.  No-one in France, Spain or Greece is going to keep buying diesels.  There is no way that Nissan are spending hundreds of millions tooling up to build cars no-one will buy.

It's not about Brexit.  It's about diesel, but Project Fear has jumped onto it and all their tame news websites have put Brexit headlines on it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom