SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Any Strat necks out there? Preferably rosewood fretboard..

What's Hot
lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
edited March 2019 in Parts £
Allparts, Warmouth, Fender etc..

Building a partscaster, so looking for something that has a rounded or v profile - no thin, flat or skinny modern c necks please.

Heel truss rod and 21 medium jumbo frets would be the preference..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not rosewood, but I have this which I'm probably not going to use.  Any good?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Not rosewood, but I have this which I'm probably not going to use.  Any good?
    I remember this first time round. Those frets look big. Are medium or straight jumbo? What's the price?
  • Definitely on the biggish side, but whether they qualify as full-blown jumbo, I'm not sure.

Whereabouts in Berkshire are you?  I'm in Reading, but travel around a bit for work.  Might be possible to arrange a meetup.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Do you have calipers? I have a feeling jap necks are slightly wider at the heel. I'm in Langley 
  • Got some calipers somewhere - if I can find the damn things I'll do an accurate measure.  With a tape measure, though, the heel's about 55-56 mm at the widest point.

• Right, got my hands on some calipers - 56 mm heel.

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 804
    PM-d
  • Still looking for a rosewood neck...
  • Bump...
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    ???
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Are you looking for a full rosewood neck? I might be selling one very shortly.

This one:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019
    Hi @johnl ;, wasnt but could be interested. What's the radius and profile?

Still looking.. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader

Building a partscaster, so looking for something that has a rounded or v profile - no thin, flat or skinny modern c necks please.

You might need to scratch AllParts off the list. Their FAT and V necks use vintage size fret wire. 
    lonestar said:

You might need to scratch AllParts off the list. Their FAT and V necks use vintage size fret wire. 
    Yeah, I have an allparts smo-v on my other strat and love the feel/shape of the neck, but think I would love it more if it had medium jumbos... tempted to just get an allparts sro-v and just live with the frets.
    edited March 2019
    This baby - expertly re-finned by professor @poopotneeds a neck !!

https://imgur.com/a/xrbQTwY

• phase3phase3 Frets: 41
    PM sent
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    lonestar said:

Yeah, I have an allparts smo-v on my other strat and love the feel/shape of the neck, but think I would love it more if it had medium jumbos... tempted to just get an allparts sro-v and just live with the frets.
    I must be a totally ignorant... I have no preference on fret size. My current neck has vintage frets, a lot of my customer builds are jumbo frets and tbh I don’t notice any change. V necks are good, I sell a fair few of them 
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
    If my son is willing to part it out I may have a USA Strat neck from a 97 standard with upgraded Fender locking tuners. (Maple board).
    RevMatt said:
    If my son is willing to part it out I may have a USA Strat neck from a 97 standard with upgraded Fender locking tuners. (Maple board).
    Thanks Matt, but the standard necks are not meaty enough for me.