SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale - Nathan Sheppard NSG2 nylon string & Bailey Build

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
edited March 2019 in Guitars £

Let's see if I remember how to do this.

I've been promising myself that I'd start clearing out for months.

So, here goes ...

I'll probably add some more here in coming weeks/months/years, plus there'll be other threads for various guitar-makery stuff (woods, tools, etcs) and the odd effects box.  Which is very odd because I've never really used FX.

I'll keep this post as the index, and link to the separate posts for each of the guitars as I add them.

In no particular order ...

Note that I'm wary of shipping any of them (all prices exclude courier costs), so preference always given to face-to-face deals.  I'm in Norfolk, but can get into London or across the A14 towards the midlands.  May also be able to get them to the Guitar Show in B'ham at end-Feb.

Also, just in case there's any competing interests in any of these ... of course I'll hold it for you until you get paid next week, or until you can sell that whatever that you've had for sale for the last eleventeen month, or trade in the kidney, or until your lottery numbers come up. 

No problem at all.

But if someone else comes along in the meantime with actual payment, it's theirs.  (I will try to let you know before you do the kidney thing though).

I'm selling because I'm getting rid of guitars, not because I want to swap a load of guitars that I don't play for some others that I won't play.  Which is a long way of saying "No Trades" thanks.

[edit]
I'm not here as often as I once was, so it might take me a day or two to reply to posts/PMs.  That's if there are any!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    edited March 2019

Epiphone Blueshawk

I'd long lusted after a "proper" G Blueshawk to partner my "proper" G Nighthawk.  But, whilst not quite being as rare as rockin hens' wotsits, they're pretty uncommon, so when Epiphone released their version about 2 years ago, I grabbed one.

If you can see past the headstock (the shape rather than the name) this is a pretty good guitar, with a very versatile range of tones.

The chickenhead knob is a varitone switch to switch in various amounts of tone editing.  It also has a bypass position so you can hear the P90s do what P90s do too.

Colour is a sort of see-through black - see through to the flamey veneer that's on the top.

It's still as new condition with the protective plastic bits on the cavity covers.

It comes nude (no case or giggy baggy).

Weighs 6lbs11oz.

£250.

*EDIT* Gone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019

Peavey Bass

It's a Bass.  It's not a bad bass, and is reasonably playable for a guitarist helped by the not-heavy 9lbs3oz weight.  The sound is blended between the two p'ups rather than switched. 

As the pics show, condition is reasonable too.  That's probably because it's been played by a guitarist (me) rather than dropped in a drunked stupor, or used to open locked doors,  by your typical bassist.

I would post this one (at cost) if you're happy with the neck being unbolted from the body.  Promise I'll include the screws in the package.

£150.

**EDIT** SOLD.

edited February 2019

Bailey Course build

This is going to be a tough one.

Made by me, my second build on my second Bailey course.  Although built by me, I did it under the close supervision of Mark Bailey, so it's a properly proper thing, made properly.  Mahogany body & neck, with an Amazique top. 

The Amazique top is why I'm selling it.  Amazique is pretty (see pics) but heavy. 

This one weighs 9lbs12ozs, so you could use this instead of heading to the gym.  P'ups are all Iron Gears - the middle and neck are humbucking units.

In a generic hardcase.

Starting at £750 to see what happens.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2019

Nathan Sheppard NSG2.

Don't look at the headstock, and there's not many who'll disagree that this is a beautiful guitar, made from some top quality woods, by someone who was not too bad at the guitar-makery.  (We all know what he *was* bad at).

Nylon strung, piezo under the bridge.  Weighs spot-on 8lbs.

Comes in a chunky gig bag.

[edit]
    Errrm.  £000 ?  

Looking at the upward trajectory of prices of other gear, I've clearly under-priced this, so revised to £1250. 

After all, it might as well not sell at a high price as a low price.

edited March 2019

Eggle Special

This is a cute little thing.  It's not a standard model and - IIRC - the background is that it was built by/for an employee who selected the various components that they wanted as a one-off.

Weights 7lbs15oz, or 8lbs flat if you put fatter strings on it.

The background makes it hard to price, so I'll try it at £ WITHDRAWN and see what happens.

**EDIT/UPDATE**
    I did mis-remember the background, so here's a thread that gives the correct backstory to this guitar.
    That said, I'm withdrawing this one for sale for a while, maybe for good.  I made the classic mistake of picking it up and plugging it in (mainly so that I could answer some of the Qs that were raised) and then remembered how good it really is.  I know, it's an amateur's mistake.  I'm going to sleep on it for a few days (I'm very tired) and see where my brain/heart/gut take me.

**EDIT/UPDATE #2**
    This one is off the market.   Its one of those guitars that you pick up to play for 5mins, and put it down again 2hrs later ...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Everybody in the car, so come on let's ride
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited March 2019
    GSP LP Jr DC

Just in case anyone doesn't know that GSP means this is a quality guitar, I'll just say that it's a GSP, so it's a quality guitar.  See also the thinline Tele below.

There'll be a build thread on here somewhere that shows this being put together, and when I did it.  The good thing about this is that it came with the GSP neck already glued into the GSP body so you know it's been done right!

IIRC (I may not) the p'ups are Oil Cities.  The finish is Wudtone, so it's nice and thin and you can clearly feel the guitar when playing. 

Weighs 6lbs12oz.

£500  SOLD.

edited March 2019

GSP Thinline Tele

Yee-haw.

Made around the same time as the LP Jr, and there should again the some details on a thread somewhere here.  This one has more of Oil City's finest and is again finished in Wudtone.  I did some daftly complicated electronics on this, so both p'ups are coil-tapped via push-pulls  and the mini-toggle is a bypass switch to give full oomph straight to the output jack.

Neck is oiled with a nice bit of birdseye.

Weighs 6lbs3oz - not that you can really call that a "weight".

£500  SOLD

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Godin XTSA

Bought this to power by Roland GR20.  Though I never really used that, so the guitar didn't get a lot of use either.  Which is daft, because it's a good solid guitar.

As well as the synth out, and the 3 p'ups, it's also got piezo onboard for acoustic-y sounds.  Godin should be better loved.

Comes with the Godin gigbag, all the Godin candy, and even the original Godin protective plastic on the rear cavities.  Yup, as new.

8lbs10ozs.

£650.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019

Hamer Artist

Another beauty that's been barely played and so looks like new.

This is quality. 

No, capital Q -Quality. 

No, all capital *QUALITY*.

When I bought this one, I was asked to give first refusal to someone else should I ever sell it, but I've done that and they've not replied so it's here pending them checking their lottery numbers from the weekend or hearing back from the kidney surgeon.

7lbs1oz.

£1200 - Not "sold", but gone to a new home anyway, so no longer available.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2193
    TTony said:

Nathan Sheppard NSG2.

Don't look at the headstock, and there's not many who'll disagree that this is a beautiful guitar, made from some top quality woods, by someone who was not too bad at the guitar-makery.  (We all know what he *was* bad at).

Nylon strung, piezo under the bridge.  Weighs spot-on 8lbs.

Comes in a chunky gig bag.

Errrm.  £750 again?

I've always been pretty indifferent about Marmite  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That Artist is very, very nice indeed. Bravo that someone’s snagged so fast :)
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1436
    Dibs on the Artist if it doesn't work out please. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Noted @dodge.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1436
    TTony said:
    Noted @dodge.
    Thanks mate.
  • That thinline tele is many shades of perfect. Lovely work. GLWTS 
  • I would like the Eggle  please.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    TTony said:

Eggle Special

This is a cute little thing.  It's not a standard model and - IIRC - the background is that it was built by/for an employee who selected the various components that they wanted as a one-off.

Weights 7lbs15oz, or 8lbs flat if you put fatter strings on it.

The background makes it hard to price, so I'll try it at £650 and see what happens.

**EDIT/UPDATE**
    I did mis-remember the background, so here's a thread that gives the correct backstory to this guitar.
    That said, I'm withdrawing this one for sale for a while, maybe for good.  I made the classic mistake of picking it up and plugging it in (mainly so that I could answer some of the Qs that were raised) and then remembered how good it really is.  I know, it's an amateur's mistake.  I'm going to sleep on it for a few days (I'm very tired) and see where my brain/heart/gut take me.

Good idea! That`s a class guitar.
  • MolemanMoleman Frets: 133
    That Artist is very, very nice indeed. Bravo that someone’s snagged so fast :)
    Seconded! I'd have upped the offer to two kidneys...!!
    Update and bump.

Thanks for all the interest in the Eggle.  You were (all) right to be interested as it's an excellent little guitar.  I didn't need to sell it for the money - just part of a clear out and refocusing of life.  But  it'd make more sense to clear out and refocus by chopping some of the others up for firewood (not necessarily those listed here!) rather than selling this one. 

So Eggle will stay.

Whereas the Hamer *has* gone to  a new home.   Not "sold" in the traditional sense of it's gone and I've been PayPalled, but gone in the sense that someone else is now getting their use and enjoyment from it and I know that they really wanted it (and have done for a while), so that's all good.

The rest are still here though. 

Happy to look at offers, though I really don't need/want any more guitars, so  trades for other guitars probably won't work.

:)