(Video) Murky Horizon humbucker sized P90 pickup set

What's Hot
AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
Another video from Jackson at Dipswitch demos of my Murky Horizon HBP90s.
I like to think this answers the question of if humbucker sized P90s can actually sound like their full sized counterparts.

Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    edited February 2019
    No disrespect but I cannot get past that demonstrator's tastes in overdrive/distortion pedals. 

For me, the important thing about a P90 in a Gibson type electric guitar is the way that it interacts with overdriven valve amplification. The touch responsiveness is everything.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    No disrespect but I cannot get past that demonstrator's tastes in overdrive/distortion pedals. 

For me, the important thing about a P90 in a Gibson type electric guitar is the way that it interacts with overdriven valve amplification. The touch responsiveness is everything.
    I play without pedals, so I'm not biased at all towards them. But there's certainly two camps when it comes to such videos. A video as per your proposal would be of equally little use to the pedal distortion exclusive crowd. 

I'm trying to provide a broad spectrum of demonstrations, as such some will appeal to our crowd, some will appeal to the other.  
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    I understand and sympathise with your position.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.