Dad's Guitars in Southport has ceased trading...

What's Hot

Comments

• That's a real shame, nice little shop and, although I didn't meet the owner, Mike Smith who worked there was extremely helpful when I purchased an ES-335.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited February 2019
    Ah, well that kind of makes sense. I was trying to buy a Fender from them over the last month using their webform, could I get a reply from them?, nothing. I don't use Facebook so can't see what your link says, so I'm guessing they must have given up on their website.

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    edited February 2019
    Oh dear, you'd think Mike Smith might have mentioned something on his FB page. The link is now dead, what did it say?
    I always wondered how it managed to pay the rent in such a plush high street arcade. When I was a kid the Wayfayrers Arcade was full of expensive shops. Numbers are dwindling.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Strange that it’s been deleted. It was basically an insolvency poster saying they were closed; that stock and fixtures would be auctioned soon and a contact email (to the insolvency practitioner) for details. The post itself said that guitars held on consignment would be returned within the next few days subject to contact from the shop...
    That'll be an anxious few days for the owners of those guitars. Always remember the fiasco in the vintage guitar world with Jacksons Rare Guitars in Sydney.....Steve Jackson sold a load of expensive guitars that were on comms then went bust leaving the owners to try and salvage the cash via the insolvency company. Not good. He was their equivalent of Norman Harris, very well respected and high profile.....till then. 
    Companies House shows that poor old Dads Guitars were never profitable.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Yes and Mike Smith has too saying he's going to be opening up a new shop and workshop in Southport soon.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Strat54 said:
    That'll be an anxious few days for the owners of those guitars. Always remember the fiasco in the vintage guitar world with Jacksons Rare Guitars in Sydney.....Steve Jackson sold a load of expensive guitars that were on comms then went bust leaving the owners to try and salvage the cash via the insolvency company. Not good. He was their equivalent of Norman Harris, very well respected and high profile.....till then. 
    Companies House shows that poor old Dads Guitars were never profitable.
    It's entirely possible that they ran that way on purpose...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom