SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED WTB: Komet head

What's Hot
VerodaClientVerodaClient Frets: 2
edited March 2019 in Amps £
Checking if any one has a Komet 60 or Concorde up for sale?  Or if any one has seen one about for sale recently?  Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump for visibility, just in case!
  • donnerdonner Frets: 48
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Donner! I've got an alert on that site for Komets but I'm really waiting on a Concorde or 60... I fear the 19 wouldn't be loud enough for gigging with a loud drummr..
    Dont want to sound like a choosing beggar, I very appreciate the heads up! Thanks!
    You'll morph into a beggar quite easily, as scarce as Komets are on our side of the pond.

If you have any reliable ties into the USA, you should give the amp classifieds on TGP a try.
    I know of 2 more Komets there for sale lately:
    One low powered K60 á la Trey Anastasio of Phish fame, and even a Concorde.
    Links here:
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/komet-concorde.2014133/#post-28016639
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/komet-custom-low-powered-k60-1x12-combo-nos-tubes-ta60-trey-anastasio.2014348/

I have been lucky enuff to find a Constellation for under 2000 EUR in Stockholm, Sweden, that came shipped to me in Munich, Bavaria. Really great amp.

Another one was on sale for 2000 EUR until a few months ago in Austria, but that one seems to be gone.
    Meanwhile, Pro Guitar in Germany does distribute and sell Komets in D.
    Maybe, they will become better available in the future.

Until then you may settle on the Komet K:O:D:A: pedal.
    Or use a Kemper; there should exist some decent Komet profiles for it.

Good luck with your hunt!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Holger Notzel is the guy who makes the Komets, it's gonna be a tall order finding amps like that in the uk
  • rosskirosski Frets: 36
    I have a 60 I’ve been on the fence about selling , never use it really but it was hard to find- can send pics if you like, or my old FS post is here somewhere 
    Ross
  • donner said:
    You'll morph into a beggar quite easily, as scarce as Komets are on our side of the pond.

If you have any reliable ties into the USA, you should give the amp classifieds on TGP a try.
    I know of 2 more Komets there for sale lately:
    One low powered K60 á la Trey Anastasio of Phish fame, and even a Concorde.
    Links here:
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/komet-concorde.2014133/#post-28016639
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/komet-custom-low-powered-k60-1x12-combo-nos-tubes-ta60-trey-anastasio.2014348/

I have been lucky enuff to find a Constellation for under 2000 EUR in Stockholm, Sweden, that came shipped to me in Munich, Bavaria. Really great amp.

Another one was on sale for 2000 EUR until a few months ago in Austria, but that one seems to be gone.
    Meanwhile, Pro Guitar in Germany does distribute and sell Komets in D.
    Maybe, they will become better available in the future.

Until then you may settle on the Komet K:O:D:A: pedal.
    Or use a Kemper; there should exist some decent Komet profiles for it.

Good luck with your hunt!
    Thanks for the info Donner I hadn't seen those on TGP!  Yeah it's the bloody import duty that'd kill me..  They're already expensive enough let alone having to pay tax on top of it

I was looking at Pro Guitar but they don't seem to have them in stock any more (or at least not on the site) so I assumed they didn't deal with them any more?  Might shoot them an email

Fair play on the constellation under 2k, that's amazing!  Were there any sites you were checking for that?  Any site info is a big help.

Again, thanks for all the help.  Really appreciate it
  • rosski said:
    I have a 60 I’ve been on the fence about selling , never use it really but it was hard to find- can send pics if you like, or my old FS post is here somewhere 
    Ross
    Hi Ross,

That Komet 60 looks great!  If you decide to sell let me know, I'd definitely be interested.

Thanks!
    Leon
    Were there any sites you were checking for that?  Any site info is a big help.

Only advice: constantly and patiently scouring google until the last of the proposed sites...and being lucky in the end.
    Besides that: I doubt the 19 might not be loud & mighty enough against a drummer.

@Rosski, I remember your first attempt of selling the K60 here. We all decided you' d better keep that amp ;-)
  • donner said:
    Were there any sites you were checking for that?  Any site info is a big help.

Only advice: constantly and patiently scouring google until the last of the proposed sites...and being lucky in the end.
    Besides that: I doubt the 19 might not be loud & mighty enough against a drummer.

@Rosski, I remember your first attempt of selling the K60 here. We all decided you' d better keep that amp ;-)
    Patience and luck it is then :-)

Thanks again for the help.  Much appreciated!
    You could give this one a try, instead:
    https://reverb.com/item/19712230-mark-kane-kanewreck-express-valve-head-110v-with-transformer-for-uk-europe-el34s-50watts
    It's already in the UK, has the right transformer and one of the former owners Gary Higgis, as the sticker reveals, has the props to tell a good amp from a bad one (check him out on TGP).
    Mark Kane is highly respected as an amp builder, too.
  • donner said:
    https://reverb.com/item/19712230-mark-kane-kanewreck-express-valve-head-110v-with-transformer-for-uk-europe-el34s-50watts
    It's already in the UK, has the right transformer and one of the former owners Gary Higgis, as the sticker reveals, has the props to tell a good amp from a bad one (check him out on TGP).
    Thanks Donner! The voltage would have to be changed though right? Other than that it looks very interesting. This would be closer to an express right? I'm gonna have to read up on Mark Kane. Thanks again for the help and info
  • donner said:
    Thanks Donner! The voltage would have to be changed though right? Other than that it looks very interesting. This would be closer to an express right? I'm gonna have to read up on Mark Kane. Thanks again for the help and info
  • I got sorted but wanted to share this in case anyone else was on the lookout:

https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/-komet-60-amp-/1099178514-74-1581?utm_campaign=email-SavedSearch&utm_medium=system_email&utm_source=email&utm_content=ViewAd

Seriously the best amp I've ever played
    That one is sold, even if not tagged as such, yet ;-)
    Can't wait to be delivered...

Where did you get yours from, Veroda? Still on honeymoon with it?
    Cheers from Bavaria,
    Jochen

• donner said:
    That one is sold, even if not tagged as such, yet ;-)
    Can't wait to be delivered...

Where did you get yours from, Veroda? Still on honeymoon with it?
    Cheers from Bavaria,
    Jochen

Did you buy it Donner or did you sell it?

I got one from a user on here and I'm definitely still in the honeymoon period for sure.  It ticks all the boxes for me...  Turn it up good and loud and control everything with the guitar volume knob...

I'm using it with a PS2 which sounds great with it and adds a loop (which is almost worth the entry fee alone) but soon enough I'm going to run it flat out and just never go above 6 or 7 on the guitar volume and see how that goes.

It's definitely killed my amp GAS for now and the forseeable future!

I did buy it. Willl be delivered by end of this week, I hope.
    Meanwhile, the ad is off.

I'm expecting a similar endless honeymoon like yours, Veroda!
    A PS2 is in the house, too.

Cheers!
  • Ah you'll be sorted so!

Give it an ol whack without the PS2 first if you can.  It's a religious experience :-P

Enjoy buddy!