Saddle for a Thunderbird 1976

Hi there

i have recently managed to lose a single saddle with the internation screw from my Gibson Thunderbird 1976. 

I have done a lot of searching around on the internet looking for this particular bit but haven’t been able to locate one as yet. 

Could anyone advise or help help me to get hold of this. 

Thanks

Richard 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    Is it a three point bridge?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Hi there 
    I’ve not come across the term 3 point bridge before but yeah I’m pretty sure I know what you mean an yes it is. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    If you can't find the exact Gibson part, keep a look out for an Epiphone 3-point bridge - they used the chrome/nickel-plate version on the EB-0 and EB-3, and even if the saddle doesn't fit, the whole bridge should.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• @ICBM that’s very helpful. Thank you. I will have a look around.  
    edited February 2019
    @R.J.Chisholm
    Is it like this?
    This is an Epiphone one...

http://i.imgur.com/8ZgYdwi.jpg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• @paulnb57 yes it is. It’s slightly different but pretty much exactly the same as that. If I can find a way to attach a photo I would attach one
    Its available if you want it....

Upload your photo to Imjur, copy and paste the direct link....

• @paulnb57 ;I would need to know it’s going to be the right piece first off, ie the length of the internation screw and that the saddle itself is the same size and shape so as to fit my original bridge. 
    And of course the price
    thank very much though
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I have a couple of those 3 point bridges knocking around. If you don't get sorted, PM me and I'll find one and send it to you.