Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Decorated the man cave...

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
edited February 2019 in Off Topic
I'm OCD and a bit of a clean freak, our converted garage is my cave and is my space, just redecorated and freshened it up a bit, what do you think. I used Dulux Colour of the Year 2019: Spiced Honey...

Hey Dulux...it's called brown...

I have a new rug coming for under the chair and some new furniture for the other end in front of the window due this week.

This is where I type all this shit from...

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice guitars. That DGT looks lovely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Cool
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    edited February 2019
    Very smart.  From an acoustic point of view you would do better to turn your desk through 90 degrees so that your monitors are firing down the length of your room.

Here’s my setup in a similar sized garage conversion (but nothing like as tidy)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    Your painting is upside down.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    edited February 2019

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I like to join my coving with a mitre joint.... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicwolf said:
    Very smart.  From an acoustic point of view you would do better to turn your desk through 90 degrees so that your monitors are firing down the length of your room.

Yeah I know, but I can see what's happening out in the world outside at this angle, and there's no chance of the missus catching me oogling Caroline Middleton on my monitor...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Love that. 
  • tone1 said:
    It was a disaster, me and my old man did it and our motto was: "that's what filler is for"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tone1 said:
    It was a disaster, me and my old man did it and our motto was: "that's what filler is for"
    Been there.... 1st bit of coving I ever fitted fell on the floor..... I’d be lying if I said I didn’t cry a little...
  • Sesh said:
    Your painting is upside down.
    I think it's actually 90 degrees out as created but that orientation didn't work!

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5619
    tone1 said:
    Ha! First thing I noticed as well!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That DGT is stunning.... I love the natural back  :)
  • Can't be that much of a clean freak...that window is thilthy. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1 said:
    That DGT is stunning.... I love the natural back  :)
    Yep, I think it't the nicest looking guitar I've owned, the natural back really sets it off.

• Drivel....
  • Musicwolf said:

That's a working musician's cave, mine is just a fancy hobbyist's parlour 

• Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but for the garages with carpet, did you install a damp proof membrane or a "false floor" underneath your underlay and over concrete? I'm in the process of converting mine in to a music room and the builders left a damp proof membrane sheet but I believe this is meant to be installed during the concrete process, for which ours already has concrete there.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    edited February 2019
    Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but for the garages with carpet, did you install a damp proof membrane or a "false floor" underneath your underlay and over concrete? I'm in the process of converting mine in to a music room and the builders left a damp proof membrane sheet but I believe this is meant to be installed during the concrete process, for which ours already has concrete there.
    I painted my concrete floor with rubberised floor sealant then the damp course membrane running about afoot up the wall. On top of that I used solid rock wool blocks with 18mm flooring chipboard then wooden floor underlay topped off with. Wickes wooden floor panels, been solid as a rock for 18 yrsso far
  • sweepy said:
    Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but for the garages with carpet, did you install a damp proof membrane or a "false floor" underneath your underlay and over concrete? I'm in the process of converting mine in to a music room and the builders left a damp proof membrane sheet but I believe this is meant to be installed during the concrete process, for which ours already has concrete there.
    I painted my concrete floor with rubberised floor sealant then the damp course membrane running about afoot up the wall. On top of that I used solid rock wool blocks with 18mm flooring chipboard then wooden floor underlay topped off with. Wickes wooden floor panels, been solid as a rock for 18 yrsso far
    Ah, so no damp rising? We are under the impression we put the underlay over our membrane but i don't see how this stops any damp. Another option may be to use celotex on the floor under a floorboard?