Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Another great Andertons experience

What's Hot

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Sometimes it's a bit like walking into Martin Scorsese's version of a music shop - boxes being moved around, people playing acoustics, somebody enquiring if this also comes in green...

I do like it and it's brilliant to see a successful large store. Personally I prefer the layout and quiet at Guitar Village. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I think Andertons is OK, but a bit sterile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Yeah, and they get Ricky Tomlinson to do all their YouTube demo’s  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve flagged this as fake news.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Always found Andertons to be a pleasant place.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They were great with the bass I bought just after Christmas. Needed some help with it and got put through to Lee on the phone, he couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful tbh
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    TimmyO said:
    Apologies for the pedantry, but how is Monday ‘mid week’?
    I meant not-the-weekend. Insert your preferred phrase for that 

Week?
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I like it there, popped in last week on my way home and despite me stating "I'm not buying anything today, so I don't want to waste your time" a few times the service was excellent and I was encouraged to try out a few.

Not a hard sell, just customer service.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    Barnezy said:
    It’s down the road from me and I’ve been plenty of times. I’m always amazed that you can just pick up a £3k+ guitar in there and play it without asking. I much prefer the atmosphere in Anderson’s to somewhere like GuitarGuitar. Far less pretentious. I was in GuitarGuitar recently and the staff were taking the piss out of a customer who had just been in, because of his level of knowledge, and within earshot of me. Why don’t these places realise that most the people who are buying these £3k+ guitars are hobby guitarists and not full time musicians, hence why they can afford them.
    Yeah people in guitar stores often forget that their customers have real jobs and can't just sit discussing guitars all day.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I dislocated my shoulder there when I slipped on a pool of snake oil they'd neglected to warn me about.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Barnezy said:
    It’s down the road from me and I’ve been plenty of times. I’m always amazed that you can just pick up a £3k+ guitar in there and play it without asking. I much prefer the atmosphere in Anderson’s to somewhere like GuitarGuitar. Far less pretentious. I was in GuitarGuitar recently and the staff were taking the piss out of a customer who had just been in, because of his level of knowledge, and within earshot of me. Why don’t these places realise that most the people who are buying these £3k+ guitars are hobby guitarists and not full time musicians, hence why they can afford them.
    Yeah people in guitar stores often forget that their customers have real jobs and can't just sit discussing guitars all day.
    and yet here I am...
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Despite that profits are up significantly at GuitarGuitar, hate that Spinal Tap kind of mentality. Their obnoxious guitar demos remind me of Denmark St in the 80's. I despise those kind of shops....have never spent a single coin in there. I support small business, always have. Alas £30,000,000 was spent there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    Barnezy said:
    and yet here I am...
    Also me, but you get what I mean.

It came out harsher than I intended, most people I meet in guitar shops are great, but forget that where guitar and band life can be almost 100% of their lives to them, they can be more like 20% for others.

I struggle to play at all at the minute.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITE said:

I like it there, popped in last week on my way home and despite me stating "I'm not buying anything today, so I don't want to waste your time" a few times the service was excellent and I was encouraged to try out a few.

Not a hard sell, just customer service.

I've found this too, granted I've only been a couple of times but even just to try things out in its a great experience. No pressure to buy and no sales person watching over me the whole time.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Whitecat said:
    Barnezy said:
    and yet here I am...
    Also me, but you get what I mean.

It came out harsher than I intended, most people I meet in guitar shops are great, but forget that where guitar and band life can be almost 100% of their lives to them, they can be more like 20% for others.

I struggle to play at all at the minute.
    Yeah, was just trying to make a joke about having a day job and yet somehow squeezing this place in every time I/we can...

Indeed you're right. Since I've had a kid, it's been hard to find as much time to play as before... but I still buy nice guitars as often as I can. Hmmmm. 

• CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    I'm still not sure I should have bought the orange one.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Clecko said:
    it's the one I preferred - but that's not to say it was right for YOU. (although I think it is) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    TimmyO said:
    Clecko said:
    it's the one I preferred - but that's not to say it was right for YOU. (although I think it is) 
    I confess that there may be a P90-neck-pickuped one in my future - it was too same-same-but-different sounding to your other guitars but very different from mine 
    Red ones are better. 
  • I've never been but I've had mixed experiences with ordering online from them.

Sometimes, very easy. Sometimes, a bit of a ball ache...

I wanted a Johnny Marr Jag in Sherwood Green. Pre-ordered. The one that arrived clearly hadn't been finished well. The lining of the case had imprinted a pattern into the back of the guitar and the finish all over was poor. It looked like a rushed job. I don't think the nitro had been left long enough post-spraying. 

Andertons said it had past their 'QC'....anyway I asked for another and they wouldn't without me going to visit. So I cancelled.

Oh, and apparently everyone wants a 'Pete' purple telecaster. 
    Oh, and apparently everyone wants a 'Pete' purple telecaster. 
    I think the "Andertons" brand globally and their "celebrities" have an influence even they don't always appreciate.

The rather sweet meeting with John Mayer recently sort of proving that.