Gibson ES 335

What's Hot
Just picked up my new cherry 335 '61 from guitarguitar and it's killer!
The chaps in Epsom were a delight to deal with and very helpful!
If anybody is thinking about buying 335 I would urge them to get on down to guitarguitar ASAP before they sell out of these at beauties which are a steal at £2499!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    If anybody is thinking about buying 335 I would urge them to get on down to guitarguitar ASAP before they sell out of these at beauties which are a steal at £2499!!
    I'm still paying for the R9 I bought in the summer.  My wife would be seriously unamused if I bought one of those on finance - especially without the 0% offer.

They do look so good though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    Pics?

What pickups does it have?
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 986
    If it really is from 61 then it is definitely a steal, or perhaps a fake.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    I'm still paying for the R9 I bought in the summer.  My wife would be seriously unamused if I bought one of those on finance - especially without the 0% offer.

They do look so good though.
    335... Unamused... 335... Unamused......

335!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    I got my Historic Sunburst 335 from GG in Epsom, great bunch of lads and very accomodating
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 262
    edited February 2019
    I was seriously eying these, but now they are sold out...  Bugger X 7. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I was seriously eying these, but now they are sold out...  Bugger X 7. 
    Still showing in stock for me and listed as more than 10 in the sunburst.    They did have the option to look at individual guitars by serial number- could be the one you looked has gone.  

They look a great buy and I’ve found it hard resist using my guitar fund on one.   
  • I think mine was the last cherry... shipped down from Newcastle but the sunburst is also great and they have some of those left!
    Having visited the Memphis factory last year I just had to have one before production switches to Nashville!
    Go for it Strummy... they are fantastic and a bargain at the price!
    Mine is super resonant and plays like a dream straight out of the box!!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    My 335 from the sale, shipped from Birmingham. It is an absolute joy, rings like a bell

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @John_P It was the Cherry that had me lusting.. 
  • Someone must have returned a cherry because guitar guitar Newcastle have one in stock this morning!
  • Someone must have returned a cherry because guitar guitar Newcastle have one in stock this morning!
    I saw that! So tempting ... 
  • I walked into Guitar Guitar Birmingham earlier on to have a look at the Burst and they had had a Cherry 61 returned there. I put a deposit on it. I will go back at the weekend when I have more time, the shop was about to close.. 
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1418
    edited February 2019
    Here’s my cherry 61 from the sale. Tried out 5 or 6 of the cherry ones and this one just sounded incredible and had the nicest neck so I took it home with me. It was the most plain to look at, but I think it has a nice vintage look.

1reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one Strummy... I hope you bond with it!
    I adore mine it just sounds awesome even unplugged... maybe get a picture up when I've figured how to do it!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I walked into Guitar Guitar Birmingham earlier on to have a look at the Burst and they had had a Cherry 61 returned there. I put a deposit on it. I will go back at the weekend when I have more time, the shop was about to close.. 
    nice work - looks that could be that last one so I hope it works out.   I suspect the sunburst models won’t last until next week.   I did read might have another batch of r8s coming in - it’s a good time to be buying upmarket Gibsons.  
  • hyperben said:
    Here’s my cherry 61 from the sale. Tried out 5 or 6 of the cherry ones and this one just sounded incredible and had the nicest neck so I took it home with me. It was the most plain to look at, but I think it has a nice vintage look.

The staff in Birmingham said that each and every one of these has been fabulous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_P said:
    I walked into Guitar Guitar Birmingham earlier on to have a look at the Burst and they had had a Cherry 61 returned there. I put a deposit on it. I will go back at the weekend when I have more time, the shop was about to close.. 
    nice work - looks that could be that last one so I hope it works out.   I suspect the sunburst models won’t last until next week.   I did read might have another batch of r8s coming in - it’s a good time to be buying upmarket Gibsons.  
    Actually, I've got them to transfer a sunburst from Epsom so that I can try that along side the Cherry. :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Glorious '61!
  • There was a supposed to be a photo attached to that... can someone pleas tell me how the fuck you do it?