So me and Paul Davids have at least something in common...

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1190
He's gone and bought himself a new guitar. 

And it's the same as mine. His has the fancier inlays and an upgraded pyramid bridge bit otherwise they're exactly the same. 

His description of it is spot on - they are beautiful guitars. Mine has a really nasty problem with the finish around the bridge, which is the only reason I could afford such a lovely instrument (new price with cutaway and upgrades is around £6K). Happily, that doesn't affect the sound or playability. If anything, it just means I can relax and gig it happily without fretting that it's going to get bumped or marked or somehow spoil its pristine finish. 

I'm hoping his endorsement will add a bit of interest if I'm ever foolish enough to part with it. :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I misread the title and was expecting to see Debbie McGee!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    If you're not familiar with the uber-hipster Dutchman, you're in for a treat... maybe. I know he borders on the incredibly annoying but, at least to me, he just seems to manage to haul it in and stay on the right side of charming and funny. His music isn't really my kind of thing but he seems like a good guitarist and I'm sure he'd be an engaging teacher too. 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2173
    edited March 2019
    I do like Paul and he has great taste in guitars! He has a Collings OM2H too, the same as I had. I bought it as it was such s good deal, about £750 below it’s value, as the guy needed that cash. I ended up selling it thought, because it was too nice to take out the case. Problem with Collings guitars is the quality is so unbelievably high, everything else looks like it was made by someone wearing a blindfold. 

Lucky you to have yours!! 
    Cheers @Barnezy It's a great guitar, but it still just plays second fiddle to my Bourgeois Sitka top OM Custom - another great buy of a slightly battlescarred but wonderful guitar. I've been hoovering up the wounded. :)
    I did lust over a pristine OM2H just before I bought the Bourgeois. It was a stunning guitar too. The battle scars do reduce that element of worry. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Very nice.  

Caught his video yesterday and thought it was a lovely looking & sounding guitar.  I can’t remember what he traded in for it now + cash.

Have watched his videos for a while and some I happily watch all the way through (Theory/ CAGED explained/ Top 10 riff style stuff), while others I tend to skip (daily vlogs/ here’s my new free guitar & watch me play it + check out the Great company that gave it to me! type stuff))