Who is for Country2Country?

pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
The wife bought us tickets for the Dublin show for Christmas present. I sorted the accommodation via AirBnB (see separate thread).

She's heard of all the artists playing. I've heard of some.

I'm probably only looking forward to Keith Urban to be honest. But I'll be keeping my trainspotters notepad out and checking out everybody's gear. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    edited March 2019
    I'm going on Saturday to O2 but we have wristbands for the side gigs only. I've been a few times. Seen some great rock bands. Country bands are much better live in my experience as they tend to produce them to death on record. 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    We're at the O2 on Sunday.  Looking forward to it.  As I said to my chiropractor today "I was brought up on bands like The Eagles."  

"Oh, I think my parents used to listen to them."

It's not only policemen getting younger...
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    munckee said:
    Country bands are much better live in my experience as they tend to produce them to death on record. 
    To me some of the artists recreate the records that well live that you'd nearly think they were playing over backing tracks!
    munckee said:
    Country bands are much better live in my experience as they tend to produce them to death on record. 
    To me some of the artists recreate the records that well live that you'd nearly think they were playing over backing tracks!
    I went 2 years ago and watched a band called little big town who were one of the best live bands I've seen.  They are a 4 part harmony group and finished their set with a cover of The Chain which nearly blew the roof off the place. I've listened to their recorded songs since and they are nowhere near as good. 

Carrie Underwood conversely was screechy live and sounds alright on record. 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    Went on Sunday and had a great time.  My son is a huge Chris Stapleton fan and he did a great set but I have to say Ashley McBryde was worth the ticket price alone.
    We queued twice on Saturday for my wife to see Sam Palladio but we couldn't get in either time. Enjoyable day though saw some awesome slide guitar. 
    @uncledick our fave day was the one with Chris Stapleton too. Ashley McBryde deffo a surprise. Stapleton's guitar tech obviously the fittest man there with a guitar change in every song, why can't he lump the songs with the same tuning together or get a LP with robot tuners!
    @munckee my wife always fancied the London one because the TV stars likely to appear and other attractions, all we have in Dublin is Irish country Wannabees performing in the retail area between the acts on mainstage
    @pintspiller unless you are a particular fan of the big acts, there is no need to go into the main arena in London, we have done a couple of times but now we go for the day, buy a wristband and watch the bands in the radio 2 lounge and town stage and mini stages round the venue then eat and go home.  All acts are a very high standard.

James Barker Band we saw this year and David Nail a couple of years ago were as good as anything in the arenas.