Moog Model 15 for iPad

Anyone with experience of this app? Is it feasible to use it on a 9” iPad? I’m new to synths but have been using the Model D for iPad for a while and fancy diving a bit deeper into sound creation from scratch. The Model 15 looks like a good option for this but I’m concerned that my iPad might be too small and involve too much scrolling around the interface. Any feedback from users would be much appreciated. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    The App Store product description and user reviews suggest that navigation is a simple matter of swipe gestures. Obviously, this is of little assistance whilst you are still learning your way around the control panel.

If you want to get seriously experimental, try this. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/intro-for-buchla-music-easel/id1231057362?mt=8

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    The App Store product description and user reviews suggest that navigation is a simple matter of swipe gestures. Obviously, this is of little assistance whilst you are still learning your way around the control panel.

If you want to get seriously experimental, try this. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/intro-for-buchla-music-easel/id1231057362?mt=8

That looks interesting, thanks. I might check it out, the sequencing tutorials alone would be very useful.

The model 15 looks like an excellent app if you know the hardware version but I'm thinking it might be a stretch for someone going into it cold, esp as it features patching so heavily. I suppose I could print out the full interface on a single page as a reference. The AniMoog also looks good, I've used the iPhone free version for a while and it's quite intuitive.
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I have the app and run it on a 2017 9.7 iPad - to be honest, it's the reason I got the iPad! I love it, and don't find scrolling around an issue. It has some tutorials if you're new to modular synthesis.
    I find the sequencer/arpeggiator really easy to use, synchs to Ableton Link, four voice polyphony, MIDI via Bluetooth, sounds great - what's not to like?
    I have Animoog and the Model D as well, but the Model 15 gets used the most.
    If you have an iPad that will run it, just get it - you know you want to. *

*No I don't work for Moog!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    JezWynd said:
    if you know the hardware version
    There will be times when it is necessary to set, for example, an envelope Release time to an exact number of milliseconds.

At other times, it can be a case of “what happens if I twiddle with this control?”

Both approaches are valid.

For general background, watch the documentary I Dream Of Wires. (Available through iTunes and other outlets.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    wave100 said:
    I have the app and run it on a 2017 9.7 iPad - to be honest, it's the reason I got the iPad! I love it, and don't find scrolling around an issue. It has some tutorials if you're new to modular synthesis.
    I find the sequencer/arpeggiator really easy to use, synchs to Ableton Link, four voice polyphony, MIDI via Bluetooth, sounds great - what's not to like?
    I have Animoog and the Model D as well, but the Model 15 gets used the most.
    If you have an iPad that will run it, just get it - you know you want to. *

*No I don't work for Moog!
    Thanks for the info, it’s good to get a positive review from an actual user. Interesting too that you use it more than Model D and AniMoog, both apps I know and like very much.