Showing some love for the Princeton Reverb

What's Hot
Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
I just finished putting together a Princeton Reverb clone for a gentleman in the North East of Scotland, All I can say it I was really impressed with the amp, I don't know if the Fender ones add up the same, but if you are after a small combo for the house/flat these really do tick all the boxes. Reduce or cut the negative feedback and it gets really dirty in a smile inducing way too.

I assume the Rift PR amps are based on the same circuit too, if you are looking at what next amp wise check these out.

(caveat: not for metal heads)

Here are some photo's of the one I built

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
    I thoroughly love my 68 custom. Makes me smile every time I plug it in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6055
    That looks great, really neat work. As you say, one of the best small combos.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3188
    Great amps, The perfect plug in and play for me.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    Ah the Fender doesn't have the 12" speaker does it?, the gent who now has this says " I have a deluxe reverb and it does not have near the impact of this amp".

I was not sure what that Wharehouse speaker would sound like but it worked very well.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    do love a Princeton Reverb
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    Was this built from one of your own Princetown Reverb kits @Modulus_Amps or did your customer supply the kit for you to build? That looks a very nice job.
    tFB Trader
    @Jimbro66 said:
    Was this built from one of your own Princetown Reverb kits @Modulus_Amps or did your customer supply the kit for you to build? That looks a very nice job.
    Thanks, It was from one of my kits, with some slight mods, like adding the HT fuse and custom rear panel etc.

I also did not make the cab on this as I ran out of time, so I bought a USA made cab, It was covered so badly that I had to strip it and recover it. got some money and tolex back for it though so it worked out, I would not have painted the inside black though.
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031

Very nice - thats some extremely tidy work sir :)
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    That's a great looking amp Mike, I'd love to have a go on one, i think something fender vibed will be my next amp when i can afford one that is
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    @webrthomson said:

Very nice - thats some extremely tidy work sir :)
    Thanks, It takes silly amount of time to work like that and I still think it could be better on the next one.. Yikes
    tFB Trader
    That's a great looking amp Mike, I'd love to have a go on one, i think something fender vibed will be my next amp when i can afford one that is
    Maybe we could do a deal ;)

This is a great little amp, probably would be good for your shows too. The amp even without the reverb and Trem sounds great.
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    Lovely amp, very neat work.  Nicely done sir.  Was this one a 12 watt?
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    tFB Trader
    Lovely amp, very neat work.  Nicely done sir.  Was this one a 12 watt?
    Quoted as 15w normally,. but it depends on how clean you want to measure power output. In terms of comparison it sits in the same club as the tweed deluxe and 18w Marshall type amp, but due to the eq and negative feedback feels "cleaner" if that makes sense

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    Maybe we could do a deal

This is a great little amp, probably would be good for your shows too. The amp even without the reverb and Trem sounds great.
    Like the sound of a deal, when I've cleared my current builds out the way I'll see what you have in mind 

I'd definitely want reverb, I'm thinking be good even for my workshop or rehearsals and to put the LPs through 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Maybe we could do a deal

Like the sound of a deal, when I've cleared my current builds out the way I'll see what you have in mind 

I'd definitely want reverb, I'm thinking be good even for my workshop or rehearsals and to put the LPs through 
    Lets talk then, I have a of a backlog too, but I want to build one for myself, so building two is only a little more work
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Looks great that mike. I only live 10 mins from your place now. Need to pop in. Do you have any built kits on display to try?
    tFB Trader
    @kreggs said:
    Looks great that mike. I only live 10 mins from your place now. Need to pop in. Do you have any built kits on display to try?
    Cool, where are you now then?
    I have amps here, I don't have the PR anymore, until I get a chance to build one for myself, but certainly have things to try out.

Give me a buzz if you want to pop over to try some things though.
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    I live near noranside. Fern. I fancy building a jtm 45 or marshall type. Will give you a buzz next time I have an afternoon off
    tFB Trader
    @kreggs said:
    I live near noranside. Fern. I fancy building a jtm 45 or marshall type. Will give you a buzz next time I have an afternoon off
    Awesome, look forward to it
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1479
    That looks great.  I really like the Warehouse speaker.  I have it in my Blackface Deluxe.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom