Anyone actually managed to try or buy one of the new marshall studio amps??

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
edited March 2019 in Amps
I'm super interested in buying gone of these, but want to try it first.
Everywhere seems to be out of stock !!

I just wondered if anyone has actually managed to try or buy one??! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I've played through the JCM800 and the Plexi, I loved both and will probably buy the Plexi, both were the head and 2x12 vertical cabs. I didn't play them next to an original but I thought both really nailed the tone you would expect.

To be fair, they bought them both over to my office, so I haven't played one in a shop, but from what they said to me, the orders for them have been huge, so I suspect they really are sold out, they are having to service the demand from the whole world for them.
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    edited March 2019
    Yep I've played them all, they're great! They do just sound like smaller versions of the originals. I'd love the plexi one as you never get a 100w or even 50w in the sweet spot like you can with the 20. My favourite is still probably the Jubilee though, just down to the EQ and gain options, it's so versatile. You'll love the SC20H I reckon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2097
    In which case there'll likely be an absolute raft of them for sale in the coming weeks...
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I've played the mini jubilee (which I loved) but I'm holding out to try the vintage and classic to see which one suits best.
    If the shops ever get em in!!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    If they’d just listened when everyone asked for them years ago, they wouldn’t be having to play catch-up now :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    If they’d just listened when everyone asked for them years ago, they wouldn’t be having to play catch-up now :).

I'm kind of worried the forum will die now we can't complain that Marshall should release modern Plexi and 800 updates.

At least they haven't reissued the Guvnor and Bluesbreaker!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 289
    Gear4Music have some in stock according to their web site.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7764
    ICBM said:

I'm kind of worried the forum will die now we can't complain that Marshall should release modern Plexi and 800 updates.

:)
    monquixote said:

lol

Come to think of it... why haven’t they?!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019
    ICBM said:
    If they’d just listened when everyone asked for them years ago, they wouldn’t be having to play catch-up now .

It was funny reading TGP during the launch. Despite this being what a lot of people have been after for years, lots of people complaining they sound smaller than a 100w amp.. well yes that's the whole bloody point
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4088
    The Marshall rep at the guitar show told me they'd identified a fault with the power supply in the amps and so they all were delayed whilst they fixed that before shipping stocks to shops. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Marshall rep at the guitar show told me they'd identified a fault with the power supply in the amps and so they all were delayed whilst they fixed that before shipping stocks to shops. 
    That's very unlike Marshall... usually they don't do anything until the amps blow up in use and get a bad reputation.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    ICBM said:
    Think they use the British Leyland marketing handbook!...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    monquixote said:

lol

Come to think of it... why haven’t they?!

They seem content to let Analogman and JHS have the market for updated Marshall pedals.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    matone said:
    ICBM said:
    Think they use the British Leyland marketing handbook!...
    more's the pity they don't....

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

more's the pity they don't.... 
    They did!

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10181
    I had the JCM800 and I sent it back. The overdrive was just fizzy at loud volumes. Not for me. 
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I had the JCM800 and I sent it back. The overdrive was just fizzy at loud volumes. Not for me. 
    Really? I;m surprised at that as the big amps seem to be the other way round!!
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Was that the 1x10 version or the head through an older cab out of interest? I found the Origins sounded pants until I played them through some decent old cabs.
    edited March 2019
    It's not fizzy through something with decent Celestions. The 12" V-Types are alright though and I don't think it's fizzy through them. They just lack a bit of character compared to greenbacks or something.