South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    mrkb said:
    Brocco said:
    @Funkfingers - the bass amp from @mart is earmarked for the Live Room - @spark240 has kindly offered his Trace Elliot for jamming purposes
    Don’t basses just plug into PAs via a DI box?
    I can run my Zoom b3n straight into PA actually. Good shout Mark 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    mrkb said:
    My tc electronic amp head can serve in that manner.
    Be seeing you.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    mrkb said:
    My tc electronic amp head can serve in that manner.
    And my wee Ampeg PF20 can also do that if we want some valve flavour.

If you’re saying I don’t need to bring a bass cab, that’d be nice. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Im probably bringing a Marshall Origin 20 head, 1x12 cab and a Boss Tube Amp Expander, and drive based pedalboard so happy to set that up in one of the other rooms.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    So...do I need to bring a Bass amp ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    So...do I need to bring a Bass amp ?
    Was yours for the recording room? If so, yes, as I was planning to record 8 tracks, but only amplify vocals. All other channels will be recording only.

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    The google sheet show @mart as providing the bass amp for the live room
    I have updated the backline tab on the google sheet to show the gear commitments we have collectively given in respect of both The Live Room and also room 2 (assumed to be The Lounge as it is larger than The Pole Room). Request that everyone double-checks the google sheet as we are relying on the gear listed being available, do not leave it to chance please! ;) 

Currently we have only two guitar amps for room 2, so could do with at least 1 more, preferably 2, so we have scope to accommodate everyone who wishes to jam.    

It is also worth checking the set-list for the proposed timings of your songs, and checking-in with your band mates for any help or clarification you need on particular tracks. The clearer we all are about what we are each individually contributing for each song, the smoother things are likely to go (especially as we have not had the opportunity to practice as a band prior to the event).   

Finally, a reminder that the doors open at Factory Studios at 10am on Saturday, with the first performance scheduled for 11am - see you there!
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Cool. I’ll probably shift my ax8 into the live room so I can use it on the songs I’m playing on, but that’s only 3 and two are together anyway. And it’s very easy to move.

@spark240 @Brocco - suddenly thought I have a mate with a powered monitor I may be able to borrow too. Would this help? Other option is to stick the live room Kemper through the PA (which will sound great, but can’t remember if this is what you planned already).
    @Vibetronic the live room will have the three fixed amps for the day, as they'll be mic'd up or DI'd and level checked for recording. Bringing something else in means it won't be on the recordings. 

@Brocco I'll have my Bassbreaker 15 and HXFX board with me. Happy to set this up in room 2 for general use. 

@Vibetronic the live room will have the three fixed amps for the day, as they'll be mic'd up or DI'd and level checked for recording. Bringing something else in means it won't be on the recordings. 
    Ok cool-can I just get the ax8 DI’d with the rest at the beginning though, so I can just unplug and move a couple of times, or is that going to be a pain in the arse? It’s dead easy and what I do for gigs/recording all the time. No worries if it’s a hassle though mate!
    Ok cool-can I just get the ax8 DI’d with the rest at the beginning though, so I can just unplug and move a couple of times, or is that going to be a pain in the arse? It’s dead easy and what I do for gigs/recording all the time. No worries if it’s a hassle though mate!
    The biggest issue is that the R16 only has 8 inputs

3x amp
    1x bass
    2x vox 
    1 x Snare
    1 x Kick

This will mean changes to the gain settings as well as moving the cable and we were just going to check a loud, clean from each amp at the beginning. Honestly, I've done a few of these now and the changeovers take longer than you'd think. 

Which also reminds me ... @Brocco @roberty ; if we are having an acoustic, I think it might be a good idea to make one of the backline amps a Katana, as we can then use the acoustic channel on that rather than changing the setup. I have a 100 I can bring, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

@Legionreturns - fortunately amp 3 in the Live Room is @spark240's Kemper, so all good
    Brocco said:
    @Legionreturns - fortunately amp 3 in the Live Room is @spark240's Kemper, so all good
    Ah right. Didn't realise they did acoustic too. No worries then.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    My pal Bernie is bringing a Katana....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    @Legionreturns - apologies, I misread your post - I have no idea if a Kemper is able to handle acoustic! 
    Brocco said:
    @Legionreturns - apologies, I misread your post - I have no idea if a Kemper is able to handle acoustic! 
    No problem. Probably worth finding out 

spark240 said:
    My pal Bernie is bringing a Katana....
    Is it a 100? The 50 doesn't have a line out

The biggest issue is that the R16 only has 8 inputs

3x amp
    1x bass
    2x vox 
    1 x Snare
    1 x Kick

This will mean changes to the gain settings as well as moving the cable and we were just going to check a loud, clean from each amp at the beginning. Honestly, I've done a few of these now and the changeovers take longer than you'd think. 

Which also reminds me ... @Brocco @roberty ; if we are having an acoustic, I think it might be a good idea to make one of the backline amps a Katana, as we can then use the acoustic channel on that rather than changing the setup. I have a 100 I can bring, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. 
    Ah, sorry- hadn’t thought about limited inputs whatsoever. No worries  =)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    You could use the mic2 xlr as a floating input for acoustic, mic or ax8. There’s very rarely two people who want to sing!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1