SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Reduced again now £500!! 1975 Marshall Artiste 50w Combo - all original, Greenbacks

What's Hot
ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
edited April 2019 in Amps £
My Dad has decided to sell his original Marshall Artiste 50, its a 2 x 12 combo, with the original greenbacks AND soft cover. Its hardly been used since I can remember, my Dad probably stopped using it (and went off guitar) about 1980ish - I used it for some band practices around the late 90's but never gigged it. So probably 20 hours max use in the last 38 or so years. Its never been stored anywhere other than the house (most of its life tucked at the back of a bedroom). It has also never been serviced, so bear that in mind! For a while it had some different speakers in (my fault, I put in two 150watt celestions from some 1912's as I was young and dumb and thought it would be better that the lower rated greenbacks) but they have been returned to it. We plugged it in and it sounds fantastic, great reverb, 2 channels. Kind of a mix between the Marshall's of the time and a Fender. Fantastic pedal platform.

Anyway, prices are a bit all over the place, with some rather exaggerated prices currently on reverb and the bay (£1200+). As its such good condition and all original, and one owner since new (my Dad) I'm going to put this up at £700 £600 - It weighs an absolute ton, (has two handles and castors, but I ain't posting it!) Anyone interested is more than welcome to bring a guitar, and come and give it a try. I'm sure you would get a cup of tea and a sniff from a friendly old greyhound.

Oh, its in Chelmsford Essex.

Any questions let me know!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    PM’d 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    PM Replied to

Still for Sale

- the red mark on the cloth, is actually a bit of red electrical tape on the back, it looks like there might be a little nick in it, held back onto the tape, but hard to tell. Here is a better picture of the front: The pohoto looks liek it might be squishing it a bit, I'm sure its a bit wider in real life!! Looks like an old bluesbreaker.

open to offers bump
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Was this on eBay a while back, as I may have contacted you previously about it. Just checking.
    kerryboy said:
    Was this on eBay a while back, as I may have contacted you previously about it. Just checking.
    Hello mate, nope not this one . This has never been up for sale prior to this listing :-)
    Price too high? Now reduced to £600
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Do you ever travel up to the Midlands at any time. Or are you prepared to drive to meet halfway somewhere between the Midlands and Essex. 
    Hello mate, I don't I'm afraid - I would much rather someone came and played it, checked they were happy etc, before buying it, but I may be able to meet halfway somewhere if that isn't possible.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Cash only, or are you interested in trades at all?
    Stuckfast said:
    Cash only, or are you interested in trades at all?
    Well it my Dads, and he doesn't really play electric guitar. Possibly nice acoustic guitars?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Last rice reduction bump £550 - Greenbacks are original T1886 (before they moved from Ipswich).
    Last bump, bump
    Really, Really don't want to put this on Ebay bump, bump...
    Now down to a measly £500 
    oooooh... and I have to be in Essex tomorrow afternoon... you around?
    I won't be mate - but my parents will (its my Dad's) drop me a message if you want to pop over and try it out mate, I'll ping you the address etc. No problem.
    thinking about it I suspect my plans are going to be annoyingly vague tomorrow but Chelmsford is within fairly easy reach of me anyway. Let me have a think and see what my current eBay purge brings in!
    no problem, they are both retired so anytime you fancy popping in I'm sure you will be more than welcome.
     Bump...