Johnny Dickinson

What's Hot
Haven't seen a tribute for this chap yet and he certainly deserves one...

Johnny Dickinson was a really tasty, mostly acoustic, slide player. I saw him play a handful of times and he was kind of magical...a proper story teller and humble all-round nice bloke. He died way too young last week after a long battle with various health issues.

This is the first tune I heard him play when supporting Tommy Emmanuel at the Turner Sims in Southampton back in 2000-and-something...not much good footage around so I hope you enjoy this one:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Frantic1Frantic1 Frets: 37
    Only just seen that this superb musician had passed away.....very very sad news indeed.
    Had the great pleasure of seeing Johnny perform in South Wales and the Forest of Dean a several times few years ago.
    His impeccable guitar,playing,tone and touch and superb voice was absolutely stunning,and i'll always remember him as one of the very greatest players i've ever had the privilege of seeing (and i've seen a few)
    As well as being a great songwriter had also had great stagecraft and a fine line in geordie wit and humour and i remember audiences being spellbound by his performances.
    Johnny always made time to speak to you after the gig and it was always an absolute pleasure to chat with this lovely,warm man.
    I knew he'd been very,very ill for a while and was always hoping that he could have made a full return to gigging,but sadly it wasn't to be.
    Condolences to his family and friends.
    RIP Johnny my friend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom