NSD

What's Hot
Spotted a Behringer Model D going for a good price today, grabbed it. Blown away. Honestly for the £200 I paid, this thing is incredible. Looks ace, sounds ace. I mean who knows what the build quality is really like, but for the money, damn, it's awesome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 374
    Great score, I'm sorely tempted by a neutron (and holding out for the Crave) 

Was that £200 new?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    No, 2nd hand. Not seen that many up for sale, at least local to me. Not heard of the crave.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Great score, I'm sorely tempted by a neutron (and holding out for the Crave) 

Was that £200 new?
    A neutron + crave patched together has my interest too. Plus most of the other stuff they have in the works - obxa in particular

Would love the boog too.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Oh, good score @Teetonetal ;

I fancy a Model D... or the Roland SE-02. Can't decide.

The synth player in me says 'Model D', but the snob in me says 'SE-02'!
    Well, almost, lol.

I really have to convince myself that I need another hardware synth!
  • My g/f’s dad has one and he likes it just as much as his Moogs
    @guitarfishbay sadly I've never tried a real mini Moog, but I prefer the boog to the VSTs I've tried. It really does sound great. What a bargain.
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1199
    Sounds like a great deal on a great synth. Currently using the NI Monarch VST Moog simulation and thinking how great it would be to have those sounds with the hands-on control. (Very tempted by them, although the Neutron looks like a brilliant bargain too.) 

Seems like the build quality is decent, assuming the production model shares the same construction as the pre-release version shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVLnihiJFOs

Not too sure about the tuning thing though, although I realise this goes with the true analog territory. Not sure how likely they are to drift off but wouldn't fancy mucking about with the internal doodads like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PwSISQrQEM

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I am after one of these as well.
    I think you've helped me a long a little Patrick
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    All I can say is I'm enjoying mine immensely. Seems behringer have a few copies in the works. Watching with interest now!
    All I can say is I'm enjoying mine immensely. Seems behringer have a few copies in the works. Watching with interest now!
    I kind of veered of last second and bought something else. @GavRichList steered me off course. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    I kind of veered of last second and bought something else. @GavRichList steered me off course. 
    Don't tease, ;) what did you buy?
    You'll have to wait for me to upload an image to imgur :-)