Anyone use Katana Sneaky Amps?

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
in Amps tFB Trader
I find the clean channel of the Katana great as pedal platform but lacking a bit of funky spank.

I don't really use the crunch or brown, but the lead is good though a bit too rawk for me.

Was pondering the sneaky amps to unlock the twin, deluxe and plexi models

Before I arse about with a laptop I'd like to know if anyone had found them good enough to use instead of the built in amps or just fun to dick about with for 5 minutes.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I've tried them but only the Plexi models which seem pretty good. I did find the range of the tone controls far wider than on the in built models so much so that a small movement either side of centre makes quite drastic changes.

Worth experimenting with I would say.
  • I would give it a try. I’ve recently got the sneaky amps up and running. I think the clean twin with a touch of the on board clean boost sounds great and I’m using it over the stock clean as a pedal platform, The deluxe and Marshall 1959 plexi I+II too, I’m using them all in place of the stock amps. The deluxe doesn’t brake up as much as the stock crunch, it’s pretty good as a clean channel with the guitar volume down. Perhaps the stock crunch is better. They’re my channels 1-3. I’m boosting them with a Boss Waza Blues Driver pedal, it really does sound fantastic to my ears. The Twin and Plexi are especially great and seem to be a popular choice from viewing various forum comments. 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    I wasn’t overly impressed with them
    myself. I got a load of presets from Juca Nery (on Facebook/ YouTube/ website) and they are great. Sometimes he gives them away for free, sometimes he does a deal on a bundle. I got a 68 Deluxe Reissue preset that was my favourite, closely followed by a Matchless Nighthawk Reverb.

If you want any further info, feel free to PM and I’ll see what I can dig out and send over ;)
  • @monquixote did you try the sneakyamps? Since installing them about a month ago I’m getting ridiculously good tones. It’s taken the amp to another level. The clean twin, deluxe and marshall 1959 II. I’m using a blues driver wazacraft with them and it’s superb. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s worth it just for the cleans, but even if you don’t install the sneaky amps changing the pedals is also a good idea.  I mainly use mine for lower gain/vintage stuff so added a Tube Screamer and a Rat and a Fuzz, which gave a hugely improved sound to the stock clean/blues driver boost setting. It doesn’t take long to do. 
  • I use the Rockerverb model in the sneaky amps and I love it: it's very very close to the sound I had from my Orange rig. I did read that the Rockerverb is one of the models which is broken in the V3 software though 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    Perhaps I’ve downloaded the wrong sneaky amp list but I thought they all sounded worse than what I’ve already got set up. 
    Anyone care to share the link they’ve used?