A small thank you, and an encouragement

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Nice feel good post for the weekend!  <3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Snags said:
    @munckee takes one to know one. We can hug it out next time we meet.

@gary_mac you should have been in The White Lion last night ;)  Next week it's probably back to dodgy acoustic caterwauling; the rock evening was a special for Andy's birthday.
    thats funny, i was there, white lion, andy b, birthday, great night, i was the fool attempting money for nothing and oh well
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5356
    Ha!  I knew there must be someone from here that went along.

I'm the tall beardy weirdo who did the set with Gerry.
  • Snags said:
    Ha!  I knew there must be someone from here that went along.

I'm the tall beardy weirdo who did the set with Gerry.
    ah yes, nice set. nice sg too
    Thanks - it's actually an LP Studio, but I was hiding at the back, so probably hard to spot.

I enjoyed your spot too; in fact everything was good last night, great fun, and a bit more oomph than the usual acoustic covers thing. Might actually speak to you next week ;)
  • gary_macgary_mac Frets: 66
    Snags said:
    @munckee takes one to know one. We can hug it out next time we meet.

@gary_mac you should have been in The White Lion last night ;)  Next week it's probably back to dodgy acoustic caterwauling; the rock evening was a special for Andy's birthday.
    Maybe I'll get along there. If you happen to get along to any of my gigs, do say hello. golden Lion, Hoddesdon tomorrow night, Tavern in Old Welwyn next Saturday (I think).
    Will do. Won't make either of those,  but presume you've got a Facebook page or similar?
  • gary_macgary_mac Frets: 66
    Snags said:
    Will do. Won't make either of those,  but presume you've got a Facebook page or similar?
    No worries. Yes there is a page.  =)
    gary_mac said:
    Snags said:
    No worries. Yes there is a page.  =)
    I shall hunt you down ;)
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
    Good for you @Snags!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14175
    tFB Trader
    congrats to you @Snags - keep it going
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    I really enjoyed reading that and I bet many will relate to it. Its all about just enjoying it and getting over yourself. Most people won’t care how you sound they are likely thinking exactly what you are thinking. Just taking that first step is often all it takes to get you going. 
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 227
    What a lovely post!

I totally get the feeling of arriving somewhere and feeling somewhat overwhelmed.  It happens each time I go out to open mic.  It’s a great thing to do and I am so pleased for you that you did it. It’s a great feeling afterwards! One day I will be brave enough to go to a jam session - if I can ever learn enough to be able to play at one!

Keep up the great work, you should be so very proud.

oh, by the way my HRD has gone to its new home in Southampton so temptation has been removed! Lol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11741
    @snags that is great to read, and stories like yours make me want to get back up and out there again!

Really happy you are getting to your goals there, and having such a great time doing it :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Thanks chaps/chapesses. Just back from tonight's, which was a hoot, although @midlifecrisis was missed. 
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Top post Pete ! 
    Excellent stuff , now form a band and buy the HRD and your journey to the dark side will be complete...
    I'm rather hoping to fall into a band not form one.  Some other bugger can do the heavy lifting. 
  • Snags said:
    Thanks chaps/chapesses. Just back from tonight's, which was a hoot, although @midlifecrisis was missed. 
    i was away for a few days, not sure i can make next one but hopefully the next.
    Yeah, I'm not around for the next one either.

The one after is currently subject to some household debate on whether I have to honour my commitment to book club (first rule of book club ... don't hold it on the same night as the open mic you muppets) or can get a pass out.

I think I know which way it will go, but I'm reading the book just in case.