'Always on' drives and delay pedal positioning

What's Hot
steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
edited July 2020 in FX

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If the amp is clean and the boost is relatively clean, you're not going to hear THAT much difference between having the delay before or after the boost. But if the amp and boost as a combination are both very dirty, then having the delay before the boost will give you quite a fuzzy and distorted washy delay tone, which is cool. Having it after the boost will give you a more subtle delay effect, but more akin to what happens in a studio.

Fundamentally though, there are zero rules. It's just whatever your ears prefer, so try both!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    It's more convenient to have it on a board IMO.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the advice- had a play around today and quite like the delay into boost...what it was doing before, so all good! Both going on the pedal board, nailed down. Almost professional! Cheers
  • I used to have a boost as first pedal and another as last pedal - gave me ultimate control over levels. In those days it was two Klon Centaurs! They didn’t cost crazy money then. Now I just have the first pedal as a clean boost, always on (mxr sugar drive). 
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited April 2019
    Yep- good idea. Thanks.
     I found a Boss LS-2 (line selector) which I'll go into first- it allows level settings on each channel.
    There will be an 'always on' channel and an 'additional effects' channel (with wah, trem, flanger)...reckon that'll do the job.
    Much excitement. Just need to find some masonry nails to hammer the pedals down- one through the centre of each pedal should do the job, right?