Do I sell my Orange Rockerverb MK3 or not...

What's Hot
I've owned it since new. Bought it in November 2016. I've used it for about 3-4 gigs, and mostly just had it in my home studio. I crack it out every now and then, and I turn up the clean channel really f00kin loud and then use the attenuator to bring down the final output level... and I'm left with this really lush on-the-edge breakup tone that is just killer.

But I do that once every 3 months.

If I'm being honest with myself, whilst I love it, the gain-tones aren't really "Tacoma" ... it's too sludgy sounding, not tight enough and ultimately I have my Diezel D-Moll and VH4.

So I wonder if I should sell it? I've been flirting with the idea for a while now. They've gone up in price since I bought it, but big iron amps aren't selling for the prices they really should do these days. No way am I selling it for pittance, I'd rather keep it. But if I could get £1200 for it, that's a good chunk of change I could re-invest in another amp. Perhaps another Diezel !?!

But somehow I doubt I'd get £1200 for it, even though it's worth that. I blame the amp modellers :)

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If you have the amp sounds you want and need, and don't need the money, is it doing any harm (to anything other than your ears? :)  ) 

I think they're great sounding amps. That, plus a fuzz... Maybe not tacoma but fun nonetheless, and that's what it's all about? :) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    It doesn't seem worth selling it to buy another one of something you've more or less already got, even if you got a good price.

I also think you'll struggle to get £1200 for it in today's market, although it's possible if someone really wants to buy one and can't afford or justify £1750...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    It doesn't seem worth selling it to buy another one of something you've more or less already got, even if you got a good price.

I also think you'll struggle to get £1200 for it in today's market, although it's possible if someone really wants to buy one and can't afford or justify £1750...
    Unfortunately I think you're right. It should be easily worth £1200, coz a saving of £550 isn't to be sniffed at, but I doubt I'd get that. Screw it, I'll probably just keep it tbh... I do really like the cleans anyway.

Bye!

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31588
    I've come to accept that there are a couple of choice pieces of gear that I own and will continue to own just because I like them. 

They have nothing to do with work, they're entirely for pleasure. 

Some are cheap pedals which I'll never gig but they make me smile, but my main one is a Gibson acoustic which never leaves the house. 

It's obviously a balance between utility and disposable income, but unless you're on your arse I'd hang on to it, for a while at least. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    p90fool said:
    I've come to accept that there are a couple of choice pieces of gear that I own and will continue to own just because I like them. 

They have nothing to do with work, they're entirely for pleasure.
    All my guitar gear is like that now - I only play bass in a band these days.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• @WiresDreamDisasters, is there something you can do with EQ, and I guess that you've already tried, to tighten up your Rockerverb?  I don't know if you've tried EQ before the preamp and in the effects loop?
  • @WiresDreamDisasters, is there something you can do with EQ, and I guess that you've already tried, to tighten up your Rockerverb?  I don't know if you've tried EQ before the preamp and in the effects loop?
    Yeah it works to some extent.

Bye!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17605
    tFB Trader
    I think the obvious answer is doom metal side project.
    Yeah it works to some extent.
    But not enough?