Advice on stereo routing pedal for HX stomp

freimannfreimann Frets: 0
I am experimenting a little bit with my new HX stomp and stereo sound before I put it on my board ...

I have two (or sometimes three) effect chains - mostly reverbs+delays - all in stereo - one is strymon mobious+timeline+bigsky, the second chain is boss dd-500+rv-500 and the third is a single volante ...

I would like to be able to use them in stereo in the fx loop of the HX stomp - one chain in a time - not all at the same time ...

There are not many budget friendly options for switching stereo loops - after searching for a quite long on the internet I have narrowed my choices down to Lehle D.Loop SGoS (easy to connect into my setup, but only 2 stereo chains) and the second candidate would be Joyo PXL Live (which is basically Harley Benton FXL8 Pro @Thomann.de) - based on the documentation it seems that the PXL Live could (hopefully) be setup as 2 chains x 4 effects configurations - and I hope to use these two chains to feed the left+right channels of my stereo signal - this would enable me to have up to 4 chains of effects - however it would be quite complicated not only to wire it but also to control it ...  

The question is - have I missed some more obvious and simpler option ?   

Thank you for any ideas ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Could you stick them all in the loop of the stomp and then use midi to switch them on and off? 
  • freimannfreimann Frets: 0
    edited April 2019
    @shuikit - this is actually a quite nice idea - I have the 8-buttons iCON midi controller from G-board which is not used anymore - that could be re-programmed for this purpose ... the only drawback I can see now is that adding any new pedal would require reprogramming of all 8-buttons ... on the other hand the wiring would be rather trivial ... provided the signal will not deteriorate significantly across so many connections - not sure all my effects can do true bypass when not active ...