J Rockett The Dude.

markjmarkj Frets: 914
On the verge of ordering one of these pedals. There’s quite a bit of love for them here on the forum, are they as good as all the reviews I’m reading on other forums. Any advice / comments welcome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    They are very good o/d pedals. As with all D-style pedals, how much they sound like an original ODS amp depends on what amp you run the pedal through. If someone tells you they are getting excellent D tones with a Dude (or any other) ask them what amp they are using.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    I agree that they are very good pedals with an excellent overall tonality and good response to dynamics. That's pretty much everything I look for in an overdrive pedal.

Whether it actually sounds like a dumble is anybody's guess!
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    BTW there are a lot of YouTube demos of the Dude but IMO the Shawn Tubbs one does it the most justice.

https://youtu.be/IuSuNDAO4kc
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    I have a Wampler Euphoria that's supposed to be Dumble sounding but the Dude sounds different to this through my computer speakers.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    In reality, there are lots of different Dumble sounds, although I reckon most people would first think of it as the Overdrive Special as used by Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, etc. But, in essence, I think manufacturers can claim that pretty much any overdrive pedal sounds like a Dumble if they don't qualify exactly which one... and they normally don't.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3541
    Listen to the noguitarissafe podcast episode with Mark Lettieri. He demonstrates it better than anyone on that.
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I find it to be a superb sounding pedal. Really good for thick, chunky solo tones. It sounds quite Bonamassa like to my ears - which is meant as a real compliment. As far as I know, Joe often used to mix in a Dumble type amp onstage, along with his silver Jubilee.