Recording guitar on to latest iPad Pro

DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
edited April 2019 in Studio & Recording
I'm looking to record guitars (nothing else) on to my iPad Pro 11 - yes the one with the small bezels and USB-C port. Maybe bass but guitar for now, just for ideas for riffs for my band and stuff using my own pedalboard.

There's probably been many discussions about this, but ...which audio interface to go for? I have a Behringer UMC202HD but not sure it would be compatible? Also I imagine a bit of a faff that would involve me buying a thousand more cables if so.

Either way I'm looking to aim small - the iRig HD 2 or the Line 6 Sonic Port tickle my fancy. Nothing too expensive or fully featured for now...just the best device that will allow me to record guitar on to GarageBand or whatever.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    A quick google suggests the Behringer is not compatible with the iPad - at least they don't say it is. There are loads of cheap interfaces from the likes of Presonus and Focusrite which are though, you will probably need a dongle unless it has a native USB C connection.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    If you are sticking with Ipad, I'd suggest IrigHD is easiest option--made for the platform, I'm using Focusrite scarlett mk1 on an macbook pro, through USB 2, into Reaper with no problems, easy to set up .
    YMMV
    cheers
    andy k