Broken G7 Capo

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4980
My G7 capo fell out of my hands on Friday evening and it broke in two pieces.  The bits fitted together fine but the capo would not work as a capo so it ended up in the recycling bin.  The frustrating thing is that I use the capo more and more these days after years of ignoring it.  Next time I am in town, I will call into the music shop there and get myself a new capo.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    That's not good. Do you mean the mechanism came apart, or the metal broke?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    ICBM said:
    That's not good. Do you mean the mechanism came apart, or the metal broke?
    The two bits just popped apart - where the hinge is.  The bits pushed together without much problem but the capo would not work as a capo, the little plastic release did nothing and sometimes would not move either way.  A pity as the G7 is a neat capo - it looks tidy in position and the curvature suited my Anderson neck to a tee.  Capos don't tend to break all that often, a bit like the handle of a hammer breaking.  At least you can fit a new handle in a hammer or you could at one time but the capo is on it's way to be recycled.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18729
    Video here showing how it works (more than two parts).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mrcrSEADHk
    In any case, the G7th is covered by a warranty. Worth a try :+1: 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Get in touch with them. I had mine for 2 months. I emailed a photo of the broken bits, got a new one in the post the next morning. Exemplary customer service.
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    Yeah you should have let them know.
    On the plus side the new 3rd generation version is brilliant so worth getting one of those.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I sent them an email,  we shall see.......

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Rocker said:
    Failing that, pitch up outside their offices....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5017
    My old one broke, the gripping mechanism failed so it was useless. It was quite old so I binned it and bought a new one and so far it’s been ok - don’t know if it’s the 3rd gen one though.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6795
    edited April 2019
    My old one broke, the gripping mechanism failed so it was useless. It was quite old so I binned it and bought a new one and so far it’s been ok - don’t know if it’s the 3rd gen one though.

Gen 3 have ART printed on the side which stands for "Adaptive Radius Technology" - IGMC.... it’s the anorak...
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    They are great with their customer service and have always been quick to respond. I'm an endorsed user, but even before that they were usually very quick to respond. 
  • mrkb said:

Gen 3 have ART printed on the side which stands for "Adaptive Radius Technology" - IGMC.... it’s the anorak...
    I actually had to google 'IGMC' then... O_o
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• G7th-NickG7th-Nick Frets: 10
    Rocker said:
    My G7 capo fell out of my hands on Friday evening and it broke in two pieces.  The bits fitted together fine but the capo would not work as a capo so it ended up in the recycling bin.  The frustrating thing is that I use the capo more and more these days after years of ignoring it.  Next time I am in town, I will call into the music shop there and get myself a new capo.
    Hi Rocker! The guys are right... contact us :-)
    You can email me direct as nick.campling at G7th.com  
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Rocker said:
    Failing that, pitch up outside their offices....
    Haha!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

So far, no reply.  Nick Campling posted on this thread and I sent him an email.  No reply.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    If G7th don’t come through getting you a replacement I can highly recommend a Shubb. 
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 410
    Have you tried contacting @G7th-Nick by direct message on this site?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Simon_M said:
    If G7th don’t come through getting you a replacement I can highly recommend a Shubb. 
    Shubbs are awful.  Got rid of all mine on Feebay when I got my first G7th.
    Have you tried contacting @G7th-Nick by direct message on this site?
    Yes I did but perhaps he does not login here all that often.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Simon_M said:

Thanks @Simon_M but the 'curve' on the G7th matches the fretboard on my Anderson.  

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    crunchman said:

Shubbs are awful.  Got rid of all mine on Feebay when I got my first G7th.
    I gave mine away when I got my first Kyser. I'd put up with it for years after reading a quote, I think by Jerry Donahue, saying it was 'the best by a country mile' or something like that, when I first wanted a better capo than the nail/rubber tube/elastic type I originally had. No it isn't, but I never realised there was anything less fiddly and annoying until I found a Kyser in the case of a guitar I bought.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein