Unpopular pedals you love

What's Hot
theflyisbacktheflyisback Frets: 71
edited April 2019 in FX
well, someone had to do it...

Biyang Metal End 
a beast of a pedal and an amp sim to. Dumps all over the boss metal zone.  So much fun

Danelectro French Toast. Naff but again, so fun 

TC Sub N Up - who needs a POG? 

NUX Atlantic. A bit unreliable as the switches arent the best but the sounds are superb. ‘Ave that, strymon
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Danelectro FAB Metal. Most fun twelve quid.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    Boss DF-2.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7846
    Joyo Sweet Baby is lovely into Fender amps. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5150
    Palmer Solid Metal.... :)
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    Pearl OD-5. It's a TS with a parametric eq that moves the mid hump wherever you want. A boutiquey reboot surely exists?

TC Alter Ego 2. I still like it v much. 

Boss GE-7. Fixes all manner of "not cutting through" stuff with the above (and fuzzes).
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Dod stereo chorus (fx65?)

Ibanez Sonic Distortion

And...

Boss Metal Zone - genuinely. I use mine as a pseudo fuzz box with more eq options and for synth-alike stuff using modulation, volume swells and delay. It’s fab. Genuinely.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    edited April 2019
    anything if it sounds good and doesn't cost more than the guitar... I bet naysayers would've scoffed at Jimmy Page's choice to use an old battered cheapo Supro amp with a Tele too...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Boo.....anything by Boo.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    The Boss CE-3. It's my favourite chorus, and I have a *lot* of chorus pedals. Sounds stellar in stereo. My favourite Flanger is another Boss pedal, the BF-2. Lots of people hate it, but it's one of the flangiest flangers out there.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    Boss OD3. Just works well for me and does what it says on the tin.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    Boss Tera Echo - most of the demos when it was released only showed the one phaser/laser gun sound, but it's such a versatile pedal. Because it generates different sounds based on your picking strength, it really encourages you to play dynamically and think about how the echo will respond. The freeze feature is a nice bonus as well.
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    jpttaylor said:
    Boss Tera Echo - most of the demos when it was released only showed the one phaser/laser gun sound, but it's such a versatile pedal. Because it generates different sounds based on your picking strength, it really encourages you to play dynamically and think about how the echo will respond. The freeze feature is a nice bonus as well.
    The Tera Echo model on the DD500 is great. And for all it's potential for weirdness I have been using it set very subtly as an always on reverb. It is a genuinely different pedal.  
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    The Arion Metal Master. More for the find memories I have of it rather than any real capabilities.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited April 2019
    TC Mojo Mojo. Fat 'n ampy. And accomodates a battery.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Joyo sweet baby & Boss GE-7 unpopular?

Hardly.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    Rocktek chorus. Cheap and plastic but mine survived my student days, knocked about on pub floors with no pedalboard. Had some Arion SCH-1 DNA in there. Sold mine for peanuts when I bought a CE-2, like an idiot.

I still also like the Danelectro FabTone for Mogwai type walls of sound.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Boss md2.  Turn all the gain down and it boosts down tuned guitars without loosing the thumpy bass 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 950
    Danelectro Fab Chorus - spend a moment dialling it in and it's genuinely surprising how nice it sounds. 

I'll never part with my Digitech Digidelay either. Every setting is useable and sounds great. It's been on my board for over a decade now. 

Boss PH3. Love every mode, but especially step.

Boss FX5. Yeah it's digital and doesn't really model the 3 chosen fuzz pedals that well but in its own right it's a highly versatile fuzz with a nice overdrive to it too. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    EH Memory toy. Budget build quality and a free volume boost when on but it sounds Excellent. Better than my old DM2 and most digital tape/BBD emulations. I have one on both boards.

Marshall Reflector. I have it set to spring 2 always. Great mixture of a mild splashy spring verb and a lo fi room. Almost always on and again, one on each board.