Unpopular pedals you love

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    The Boss CE-3. It's my favourite chorus, and I have a *lot* of chorus pedals. Sounds stellar in stereo.
    I stupidly sold mine after I got a supposedly better early ‘long dash’ CE-2. I preferred the CE-3.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The mooer rumble drive
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7845
    dilbert said:
    Joyo sweet baby & Boss GE-7 unpopular?

Hardly.
    Unpopular with the cork sniffers, and people who get uppity about clones. After all, the Joyo is a ripoff of the Mad Professor Sweet Honey.  
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2942
    NelsonP said:
    The Arion Metal Master. More for the find memories I have of it rather than any real capabilities.
    Nah, it's capable enough. Cracking pedal.

#1 favourite bad pedal.....DoD fx35 Classic Tube

"The FX 53 Classic Tube duplicates the warm, smooth distortion and long, singing sustain and harmonics of the early 1960s amp stacks made famous by superstars like Jimi Hendrix and supergroups like Cream and Led Zeppelin."

Yeah, right it does.

Honourable mention to the amazing(ly flimsy) Danelectro PB&J delay

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited April 2019
    Apparently there's not a lot of love for the ehx bad stone which I don't get cos I'm into it. Manual mode is really cool for a trashy lofi thing
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    +1 for the Boss Tera Echo, idiotically sold mine and will replace at some point. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    The Fender Classic Phaser re-issue... chewiest phaser ever! And can go very extreme.
    Boss PN-2... not so unpopular but not the #1 choice for everyone either... but it does the best square wave trem fir my money.
    Ibanez BC9 Bi-mode Chorus
    The original Electro-Harmonix Zipper envelope follower (which I sadly no longer have :( ) and the Boss TW-1

• Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
    edited April 2019
    Two higher-end pedals which don't seem too popular:

Blackstone Appliances MOSFET Overdrive
    Pigtronix Echolution 2

The overdrive is verrry versatile, small footprint, two voices.

Echolution 2 in its basic form lacks control over the parameters, but if you set up good presets and control it via MIDI, it's a blast.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    sgosden said:
    Boss md2.  Turn all the gain down and it boosts down tuned guitars without loosing the thumpy bass 
    I quite like this pedal too. Distortion no higher than 9 o'clock and the boost around 12 o'clock and it sounds great.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited July 2020
    EHX Germanium OD Overdrive Pedal  - not sure it's unpopular but doesn't seem to be mentioned a lot.
  • Marktigere1Marktigere1 Frets: 101

BOSS DS1 - Into the Blackheart it sounds great with low Gain and Tone

BOSS CH1 - Great subtle chorus.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3536
    Another vote for the Sub n Up. I use it a lot, either for single note riffing or fake organ sounds. 

• jackorionjackorion Frets: 27
    well everyone was hating on the TS808 in the other thread but I really like mine...

Use it with a tele and a Princeton Reverb, never put the gain over 10 o'clock, keep the tone under 12 o'clock and volume to taste and it sounds fine. Sometimes I find it a bit 'honky' at home but, at a gig, I can't count the times I've stomped it on and then just left it on the whole night as it helps me cut through without getting ridiculously loud and I can still control the grit from my fingers and volume control the way I set it...

Now, if I was just using it to solo the bloooooooooees with a strat neck pickup (or the inbetween sounds) then I would understand why it's a hated tone because, well that tone is kinda cheesy because it's bar-room blues hack tone, but used as a light overdrive with some mids it sits in the mix great and works for me...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Tech 21 Boost RVB.
    Don't know if it's unpopular but I never hear anyone singing its praises. No presets but endlessly variable.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Danelectro cool cat chorus. For £10 i cant fault it. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited April 2019
    I won a Digitech Death Metal on eBay on Friday but the seller broke his back in a Motorcross accident on Saturday and is stuck in hospital. I hope they discharge him in time for me to gloat about it in this thread
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2360
    Artec ADL2 analogue delay (silver box, actually digital).

Belcat delay (purple box).

Big box Strymon - bah!  Even bigger box Danelectro Reel Echo tape delay (yep, it is digital).
  • FenderishFenderish Frets: 47

TC Alter Ego 2. I still like it v much. 

didn't know it was unpopular. find it the best low-sized delay.
    if I could have 3 on my board, I would have this one + a deluxe memory man 1100 and a boss DD-500 :D
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    I love the tiny Mooer pedals. I used to be literally hooked on the everlasting Boss DS1 until I came across little Mooer Hustle Drive and its big brother, Mooer Solo. They still blow me away
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    TheMarlin said:
    Joyo Sweet Baby is lovely into Fender amps. 
    Just picked one up on Reverb dirt cheap.