Musing again...

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
edited April 2019 in Guitar
Is or are there any telecaster style guitars that have a Trem system on them? Can’t say I’ve ever seen one and there might be a reason for it
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    The CBS-era Telecaster Deluxe was available with a six-screw fulcrum vibrato. The Nineties American Deluxe Telecaster was available with an American Standard two-point vibrato. 

Some of the Nineties MIJ stuff was available with the System 1 fulcrum single locking vibrato. There must be some models that leave the factories with a Floyd Rose-licensed double locking vibrato.

Charvel has produced T style guitars with FR. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Wonder why they aren’t common though. Aesthetics maybe ?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    They did a Mexican version of the 72 deluxe with a trem (wide range humbuckers). I have one, it’s ace.

Fender did offer the boat anchor, sorry Bigsby on the Tele. Yet to play one that isn’t crap yet though...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

impmann said:
    They did a Mexican version of the 72 deluxe with a trem (wide range humbuckers). I have one, it’s ace.

Fender did offer the boat anchor, sorry Bigsby on the Tele. Yet to play one that isn’t crap yet though...

I’d never go for a bigsby. Too cumbersome 
    The thing that distinguishes a Telecaster from any other electric guitar is the sound that comes about as a combination of the single coil pickup and the stamped steel bridge.

Cutting a vibrato cavity and having a bridge that is not firmly screwed against the top of the guitar in its entirety alters that physical characteristic. Fender guitars that look like one classic design but sound like another is a more recent trend.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26961
    Bigsbies actually work really nicely on Teles, for me. I’ve seen occasional uses of the JM trem on a Tele, which I reckon would be fantastic, but I don’t think it’s ever been done on any mainstream model.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Tom Anderson 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Tom Anderson 
    I’ll check them out too but I bet they’re well pricey 
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    My friend made a Jazz tele and i really liked it
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Vibrato...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3541
    edited April 2019
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    One reason for very few Fender Teles with trems could be that as far as purists go there are none more pure than Tele purists. Although strangely they will accept the piece of agricultural machinery that's called a Bigsby.

Possibly the most acceptable looking trem for a Tele is the Super-Vee Maverick which I believe may have been fitted to some Tokai Teles.

A month or so back I posted a NGD thread for a Tele with a Bladerunner trem and was quite prepared for less than complimentary comments but, quite the contrary, it received quite a bit of love.
  • The CBS-era Telecaster Deluxe was available with a six-screw fulcrum vibrato. The Nineties American Deluxe Telecaster was available with an American Standard two-point vibrato. 

Some of the Nineties MIJ stuff was available with the System 1 fulcrum single locking vibrato. There must be some models that leave the factories with a Floyd Rose-licensed double locking vibrato.

Charvel has produced T style guitars with FR. 
    I was going to say Charvel, you beat me to it. Think that's stretching the definition of a Tele though, tbh...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    That Reverend was the first thing I thought of, too, the Eastsider.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    The Reverend Eastsider is a cracking guitar
    Jimbro66 said:
    … as far as purists go, there are none more pure than Tele purists.
    Rabid Rickenbacker retentive reactionaries.