N-GILF-D

What's Hot
Oh yes the pun machine it's self is at meltedbuzzbox towers and it's awesome

So I've been balls deep in my grandmother, giving her a good finger and regularly turning her on... Ahem

http://imgur.com/gallery/mE9SGYB

Highly recommended, much, much fun
The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Very nice.

Moog have just announced the Matriarch which I plan on getting.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Yes I saw that. That looks cool too.
    It's about 2k isn't it?

I will have another arrival in a few days... :-D
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    NiceN:) How is it? I'm really keen on this as well!
    Yes I saw that. That looks cool too.
    It's about 2k isn't it?

I will have another arrival in a few days... :-D
    $2k USD, not sure what that will mean in £.
    What did you get?

I went a bit synth mad this month- I have an Electron Analog 4 mk II, Novation Peak and Bass station II arriving on Monday. 
    @Teetonetal I originally wanted a minimoog (pricey) but after looking around all the reviews said the model d was pretty much a perfect copy, hence my interest.
    But after watching a few vids and getting a steer from Gav I went for the grandmother.

I absolutely love it. It's typically Moog. It does everything in the realms of normal for a mono synth but then has that moogness that goes right over the edge and into another stratosphere.
    Huge bass sounds, as clean or as dirty as you like and great lead sounds.
    The sequencer is brilliant and very flexible. I love the flexibility from the patching points. The spring reverb is awesome too and adds so much character to the sounds.

It's well worth checking out
    @octatonic all be revealed soon :-)
    Oh you tease.
    octatonic said:
    Oh you tease.
    Indeed 
    @meltedbuzzbox sounds really good. I was wondering if the reverb would be a weak point so good to hear it works well.

Must admit I'm very interested in this and the matriarch.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7145
    I think in a years time when the Matriarch comes down to a more reasonable price of a round £1400-1500 then I'll pay attention; I think at two grand its too rich for a Paraphonic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think in a years time when the Matriarch comes down to a more reasonable price of a round £1400-1500 then I'll pay attention; I think at two grand its too rich for a Paraphonic. 
    You need to move to a country with low VAT.
    I can get it for the equivalent of £1650 + shipping.
    They aren't being delivered until August though.
    octatonic said:
    aye. I'm reasonably certain they'll be over £1900 here. You can essentially expect a pound to dollar of 1:1. 
    octatonic said:
    aye. I'm reasonably certain they'll be over £1900 here. You can essentially expect a pound to dollar of 1:1. 
    But think how many Casio keyboards you could get for that
    octatonic said:
    Yup, £1979: https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Moog-Matriarch-Paraphonic-Analog-Synth/2YID
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    Yup, £1979: https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Moog-Matriarch-Paraphonic-Analog-Synth/2YID
    OUCH. and a September delivery! I'll get one on Black Friday 2020. 
    28th - 30th August is you are a VIP member of G4M.
    keeping my powder dry / financially recovering this year, unless something emerges at Superbooth that I want a lot. 
    Urgh, it's a lot more than I thought, the Grandmother is 960 chf, was hoping the matriarch would be around 1500-1700. 2343 CHF in Gear 4 Music (that's with only 8% VAT) Just too much for me, hopefully the price will come down, but over here at least, moog tends to go up....
    oi, get out of my new gilf day thread with your talk about another frikkin synth. You crettins :-P