shure 215 IEM replacement cables

Replacement cables for these seem obscenely expensive, anyone know where to get them a t a sensible price or can vouch for cheaper thrid party cables?
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• When I had my SE215's I replaced the cable with a Fiio cable. It wasn't cheap (around £40) but it was working fine for about a year and was still working fine when I sold them. It felt much more robust than the stock cable and was much less prone to tangling itself up. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7286
    When I had my SE215's I replaced the cable with a Fiio cable. It wasn't cheap (around £40) but it was working fine for about a year and was still working fine when I sold them. It felt much more robust than the stock cable and was much less prone to tangling itself up. 
    Seems a bit disproportionate given amazon have SE215s for £77
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • When I had my SE215's I replaced the cable with a Fiio cable. It wasn't cheap (around £40) but it was working fine for about a year and was still working fine when I sold them. It felt much more robust than the stock cable and was much less prone to tangling itself up. 
    Seems a bit disproportionate given amazon have SE215s for £77
    That's probably because Shure sell them with a poor quality flimsy cable  ;)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7286
    To be fair they've done a couple of years, cable is mostly fine just developed a break in the bendable bit that goes over your ears which means i have to wiggle them about to get signal in one ear.

Were Fiio cables substantially better build quality around the moveable sections? 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26974
    I'd say half the price of the headphones is still not desperately bad value. It's not about the cost of making the cable - as long as they're cheaper than a complete new set you're still saving money.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires