Bedroom keyboard/piano - Yam NP12?

Littlebrum has asked if she can have her piano in her bedroom. That’s never going to happen - we like it in the room it’s in and enjoy listening to her play for the family. 

So...at risk of Mrsbrum going absolutely apeshit I’m going to buy her a bedroom keyboard. I’m pleased she asked - the reason why is so she can play when she wakes up and I’m not going to dismiss that enthusiasm.

I want it to be no frills so am looking at the Yamaha NP12 or the gear4music own brands.

Any advice or experience please? Ta.
Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratntelestratntele Frets: 7
    Hi Steve,

A good beginners keyboard for sure which is reasonable value for the money. I have an NP11 which I noodle on when I don't want to disturb the neighbours.

Yes the piano itself may be cheap but, more importantly, how much will the divorce settlement cost you when Mrs. Brum files the papers to her solicitors?

Always remember: happy wife, happy life!!

Best check with the Boss first just for the sake of a peaceful life if I were you......
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Casio CDPS100 fared really well in this video vs some flagship models

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqd_Dl301Uk
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Cheers both. I think the Casio is out of budget. We spent a lot (I think) on her Roland piano so this one has to be under £200 or used. Also don’t think we need 88 keys for this.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    I bought my daughter a casio ctk240 from andertons after they demonstrated all the beginner keyboards, was £75 brand new and is a cheap keyboard but sounds decent and has 49 full size keys.

If you are not in a rush she is getting a piano in a week or so when we get back from holiday so if its not too cheap she will be selling it.