RIP Brian Walden

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
Must admit, I'd have assumed he died some time ago.  And I remember him mainly because Weekend World had the best TV theme tune ever.  But sorry to hear he's gone.  RIP.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    RWelcome to RWeekend RWorld.

He was a darned fine TV presenter; it was fun watching the cat & mouse game in his interviews.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    He always looked very ernest during the interview, but I recall that his expression and demenor warmed as soon as the interview was ended. It was as if he ment no ill, but was a determined interviewer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    We lack inquisitors of the calibre of Walden and Robin Day. The nearest we have is Andrew Neil, and he's on his way out.

We'll soon have political discourse comprising entirely of pre-approved interviewers asking pre-approved questions with interviewees giving focus-group-approved soundbite answers.

May as well not bother.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    scrumhalf said:
    We lack inquisitors of the calibre of Walden and Robin Day.
    It is precisely because of inquisitors such as Walden, Day and the young David Frost that politicians upped their game, becoming properly rehearsed on the party line and skilled at evasion.

Philly_Q said:
    I remember him mainly because Weekend World had the best TV theme tune ever.
    The end section of the song Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain. That was the first time I appreciated the power of overdriven Hammond organ. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.