Where to get a budget maple board Strat neck, fatter than modern C profile

I’m primarily an acoustic fingerstyle player (formerly classical) and recently bought a new MIM Strat Deluxe Roadhouse a couple of months back to mess about with.    I am finding the neck too slim/small (it’s a typical modern C profile). It was bought in haste/frustration really, after being let down by some local  time wasting sellers I thought sod it and ordered a new one. I *really* should have bought secondhand...

Too late now to get my money back and if I sell it on no doubt I’d lose hundreds, so I’m thinking of replacing the neck – something fatter than the one I have, 22 frets, maple board, 12” radius. Anyone know where I can get one for under £100?  Condition would need to be new or very good if secondhand (an old neck would look a bit weird on a brand spanking new guitar). A friend of mine has an 80s Japanese Strat, I found the neck on that just perfect.

Ebay/Amazon have various Chinese ones at crazy low prices but the dimensions are usually not given, I’ve chased up several of these with no luck.

Northwest guitars seem to be a good option for something new  though I’ve already spent more than I wanted to on this...

Any bright ideas guys?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments