SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Edwards 'John Sykes' LP Custom (E-LP-105CD/JS model) FURTHER PRICE DROP

StefBStefB Frets: 2355
edited June 2014 in Guitars £

I was waiting until @elx's white Edwards sold before listing this, but I think he has decided to keep his so now would seem a good time.

Very similar guitar to the white one, but with the John Sykes black and chrome livery.  In super VGC/near mint condition and having had the tone pots replaced with DiMarzio push/pulls that coil tap each of the pickups individually.  No case but comes with a gigbag and will be robustly double boxed and insured for safe shipping.

This is the second time I've owned this guitar, having bought it back from my buyer a few months ago out of sentimentality more than anything.  It was hitherto the 'best' LP I'd ever played (for me at least it ticked all the right boxes - not too heavy, ebony 'board, Duncan pickups, long tenon etc) but I've since boarded the good ship PRS and in all honestly the Edwards doesn't do anything my SC245 or CU22 Special can't do, so it is surplus to current requirements.  I genuinely believe however that these are the finest LPs available pound for pound, especially at these second hand prices.

Weight is high 8lbs, getting on for 9lbs, so just about right for a non-chambered LP.  The action and feel of the neck is wonderful, very slick and fast and the neck itself is more 60s in profile.

Looking for £495 including insured UK mainland shipping, which I think is quite fair given the low availability of these guitars and the aftermarket DiMarzio tone pots, which cost around £60 to buy and have professionally fitted.

ESP Japan product page here, click on the JS icon - http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/lp/E-LP-105CD.html

Full photo album here, and more available on request - http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/stefbillington/library/Edwards%20JS

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/stefbillington/Edwards%20JS/A.jpg

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/stefbillington/Edwards%20JS/G.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7153
    That is lush!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    stonevibe said:
    That is lush!

Thanks, its a killer guitar that I'd have no hesitation in keeping if I didn't already have others that do its job.
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    Pm'd
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    Lush indeed! And Sykes is one of my favourite players...great price too, good luck selling it! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Very appealing!
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Grrr.... If only I wasn't a lefty. This is just what I'm after. 

Oh well. Very best of luck with the sale. 

Sniff, sniff...
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

Awesome looking thing! I can almost hear "Still of The Night" now.

Good luck man, I think i'd keep it for £500.

Bump.
    Pre-eBay bump for £500 delivered...
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I have just picked up the tripple bucker version of this guitar with gold hardware. 

Brilliant guitars for the money and huge sounding. Well worth £500
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

Further price drop and final bump before eBay.  I'll also chuck in a near new Peavey made (but unbranded) rectangular hardcase that fits the guitar perfectly.

Struggle to find anything as close to an LP Custom as this (JS fittings aside) for under £500 in my book.

thats ridiculous that this hasn't shifted...

sales are in the gutter at the moment. 

Have you stuck it on Preloved/Gumtree?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    thats ridiculous that this hasn't shifted...

sales are in the gutter at the moment. 

Have you stuck it on Preloved/Gumtree?
    I'm not signed up to either, and seem to read nothing but bad press about Gumtree on here.

Will give them a go if eBay fails though - are they both quite simple and painless to sign up for and use?
    Preloved is

I have never used Gumtree but a fair few on here have
    edited June 2014

Sold privately for £495 via eBay within 12 hours of listing.  I realise eBay provides a MUCH bigger audience, but what a fickle world we live in...

glad you go the money bud

That was a lot of guitar
    glad you go the money bud

That was a lot of guitar
    Cheers fella.  It was 'worth' more, but I'm happy enough with what I got in the current climate.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Ha! This was on an American FB page i'm on today. They were going nuts about what a good deal and amazing guitar it is.

Deijavoo said:
    Ha! This was on an American FB page i'm on today. They were going nuts about what a good deal and amazing guitar it is.

Wow, what page was that? I wouldn't mind taking a look.