Almost lost my Wife this week......

What's Hot
tone1tone1 Frets: 5155
No, not at the shops...I don’t normally post much more than some crappy jokes or pics of my rubbish gear but you guys seem to share some of life’s biggies.... so here goes!

My Wife was booked into a small private hospital this week on Wednesday for a routine Gynaecology procedure. Just routine nothing of any note, dropped her off at midday, due to pick her up by 5pm.... Hospital phoned at 6pm saying I need to come in as she’s not very well... Understatement of the year....Haemoglobin levels dropping and blacking out...The decision was to blue light her to the Main Hospital A&E where they carried out an emergency blood transfusion and prepared her rapidly for theatre.... I watched them run her down the corridor into theatre for surgery... She emerged at 03.30am.... full Hysterectomy and internal bleeding... Surgeons and Anaesthetists said she was lucky to pull through the ordeal.. She won’t be out til next week and is a bit of a wreck...... I’m not looking for tea and sympathy but as Bob Hoskins used to say ‘it’s good to talk’ 
0reaction image LOL 36reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Sorry to hear that... hope the missus recovers well!...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Man....its times like that when you're thankful for our hospital staff ...no matter what country they originate from right? 

I think you should celebrate the good news with a new guitar for yourself...go on...because your worth it ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5155
    Thanks guys.... now you come to mention it I haven’t got anything with Humbuckers..... See there I go again with the crappy jokes....
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Sounds like a terrifying ordeal. Wishing Mrs tone1 a full and speedy recovery. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4168
    Shit dude, that's terrible! She's in the best place now, hopefully the ward will arrange support staff; apart from the medical side, you've both been through an ordeal and need some emotional support as well as everything else.

All the best to you both, man
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    fucking Hell Tone  glad she's okay   and yep after an ordeal like that defo new guitar is in order..
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5155
    She’s a tough cookie and I’ve seen her insist on 2 home births with no pain relief.....but she’s pretty broken right now.... it’s our 30 year anniversary this year in November...
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    jeez that's terrifying. Glad she's on the mend. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Best wishes, and I hope for a speedy recovery.

Bye!

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14227
    tFB Trader
    ditto above comments - Hope for a speedy recovery - Best wishes
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6679
    Shit that's a scary thing. I wish you and her well and send you best wishes @tone1 ;

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Scary stuff. Another reminder that you never know what's just around the corner and have to live in the present and enjoy your time here as best you can, each and every day that you have.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for your wife @tone1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Wow, must have been shocking for both of you, especially your wife. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Bloody hell, that's terrifying, for both of you  :o

Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery, best wishes to you both.

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Sounds terrifying. All the best to you all
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Fuck dude, that's horrible!

All the best to you mate, hope the missus recovers soon :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Best wishes for a quick recovery to her, it's easy to forget how lucky we all are to be here until something like that happens.
    (I recently came very close to losing my mum to a pulmonary embolism that came seemingly outta nowhere.)
    Have just finished an audiobook by a guy who was a junior doctor in gynaecology, it's written with a huge amount of rather sharp humour but it's also very poignant at times and makes you realise how hard these people work to keep our loved ones with us when bad stuff happens.
    (It may be a bit soon for you right now, but you may want to try it later, called This is Going to Hurt, by Adam Kay.)
    Again, wishing you both well and hope it's a full and fast recovery.

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Best wishes to you both.

Going to go and give Mrs Goldtop a hug ... she'll tell me to stop being silly, of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    Wow that’s scary.  :o wishing her a speedy recovery. Was the bleeding due to the op or would it have happened anyway? 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Wow! That’s a nightmare! Positive thoughts and vibes to you and your wife. Hope she mends quickly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom