Anyone here collect watches?

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Wondering if anyone here collects/buys/sells watches? If so how do you go about selling a watch?

I have something thats rather in demand, that i may be selling but.... I have no clue how to sell it. 

any tips, hints etc?
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Hello, what is is you want to sell @ThorpyFX ?
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    There are two options, either you line numerous watches around your arm, wrist to elbow, covered by the sleeve of your pinstripe suit, you roll this up to display the wares to a prospective client when you are sure the coast is clear.

Similarly, you can have the watches attached to the inner lining of your pinstripe suit jacket, you keep one hand in the pocket and unveil your wares by "flapping out" that side of the jacket, again only when the coast is clear.

Stay lucky.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    edited May 2019
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Watch-Talk

Is my go to place to buy and sell. Decent lot on there.

(you need a certain number of posts to access the sales forum... But I'm sure if you pop a post up asking how to sell xxxx if someone wants it they'll say hello).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Neil said:
    Hello, what is is you want to sell @ThorpyFX ?
    +1
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    If it's a gmt Pepsi Rolex I'd be interested :-D
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    If its an Omega Planet Ocean.....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26973
    Ditto if it'a a Tudor Black Bay 58 with the steel bracelet, but I doubt you'd be selling one of those this soon! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    Ditto if it'a a Tudor Black Bay 58 with the steel bracelet, but I doubt you'd be selling one of those this soon! 
    its not a tudor, although i love them and have e pelagos LHD.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    what, you mean like Muggers??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Armour Winston offer pretty good prices. One place I would avoid is Watchfinder, who will try to rip you off by offering a comically low amount. I recently thought about selling a Rolex, and was quoted between 16 and 17k for it by numerous places. When Watchfinder finally got around to responding they offered 12k! In the end I decided to keep it. 

If possible, try to find somewhere that offers commission sales. As long as you don’t need the cash quickly it’s the way to go. If it’s something really sought after, then it offers the best of both worlds, as you’ll get a good deal, won’t have to wait ages, and someone else will deal with the plebs on your behalf.