Gibson 1992 Experimental Prototype DC Standard Pro

RabsRabs Frets: 2610
in Guitar tFB Trader

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10563
    tFB Trader
    Yuck!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Aaaah man ...........I kinda like that ! I bet it plays well.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Would be OK if the cutaways were done properly.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7049
    tFB Trader
    My kind of guitar. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72494
    Sassafras said:
    Would be OK if the cutaways were done properly.
    And if the switch and the volume control weren't so stupidly positioned together. And if it didn't have the usual Gibson bodge of a tenon hider (which is acceptable on an SG, since it sort-of matches the pickguard). And if it wasn't clownburst.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Ugh.  Had they not seen a Yamaha SG2000 or similar to see how this could be done 'well'?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Certainly not the ugliest I’ve seen from Gibson. The colour is easily the worst thing about it. Hate the
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I like the shape of it  :) 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27136
    I always had a soft spot for the late-90's one that was closer to the "proper" DC shape. Not a huge fan of 24 fretters, but it covers the tenon I guess. I assume they could've had the tenon run right under the pickup like a PRS but put the neck pickup in the right place with a regular 22-fret 'board, but it's never been like Gibson to make rational decisions.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2402
    I always had a soft spot for the late-90's one that was closer to the "proper" DC shape. Not a huge fan of 24 fretters, but it covers the tenon I guess. I assume they could've had the tenon run right under the pickup like a PRS but put the neck pickup in the right place with a regular 22-fret 'board, but it's never been like Gibson to make rational decisions.

I'm sure I've seen 22-fret versions of these, no?
    Tim