SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Fender AVRI or Hot Rod AVRI Strat/Tele

kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
edited May 2019 in Guitars £
Anybody got one of these? All years and models considered.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    Bump
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    edited May 2019

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    I was born in 1962 and I have the AVRI 62 Stratocaster  . . . it was made in 97 . . Its the closest I'll ever be able to buy close to my birth year . . . I had to get rid of the skinny frets as it wasnt that easy to bend notes . . Med Jumbos fitted courtesy of the Manchester Guitar Tech and its a different animal all together . . Always fancied the Hot Rod 62 but I figure that I'm pretty close to it with what I have . . . Great guitars . . . The 57/62 Pickups aren't everyone's favourite but they do a reasonable job . . . Good luck with your search . . You'll be well rewarded  . . I absolutely love mine . .  . . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    Saw one on Sunday at the Guitar Show - Contact Chris at Amp Guitars - He has a nice USA Hot Rod Tele in butterscotch blonde - Think it was £1099
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I saw that one too - Chris is a good guy, as well. Good luck with that, Karl - I think I have a '52 reissue turning up on Saturday, so I'll let you know if it's up for sale again on Monday.  ;)
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    I saw that one too - Chris is a good guy, as well. Good luck with that, Karl - I think I have a '52 reissue turning up on Saturday, so I'll let you know if it's up for sale again on Monday.  ;)
    I have a sneaky feeling it may be ;)... Have you still got the Ibanez? That was a great guitar, especially for the money
    edited May 2019
    Well, yes, it's survived the 'critical fortnight', so it must be good! Mind you, I've seen a vintage Guild that I need to go and have a look at, hopefully on Friday, so......

I couldn't resist the Tele either, but if this Guild happens....  

I'm a shambles of a man.
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    Well, yes, it's survived the 'critical fortnight', so it must be good! Mind you, I've seen a vintage Guild that I need to go and have a look at, hopefully on Friday, so......

I couldn't resist the Tele either, but if this Guild happens....  

I'm a shambles of a man.
    Never! A real man talks about his GAS issues!
    edited May 2019
    You're very kind! I would show that comment to my wife, but she works in the medical profession so I can see a bit of misinterpretation there. Will keep you informed on the Tele though! I'm picking it up from SAP (surprise!) on Saturday.
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    You're very kind! I would show that comment to my wife, but she works in the medical profession so I can see a bit of misinterpretation there. Will keep you informed on the Tele though! I'm picking it up from SAP (surprise!) on Saturday.
    Sounds good, please do... And let me know what other purchases you make as well ;)
  • maxdmaxd Frets: 43
    I have a '62 AVRI strat in surf green (2004) that is in very good condition with the 'original' strap and tweed case. It's not been gigged nor even played thar much. I was looking for £1200. I'm near Newcastle upon Tyne