SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Deluxe Fat Strat Floyd Rose FS/FT

What's Hot
Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2998
edited May 2014 in Guitars £
Now then,

I have Fender Deluxe Fat Strat Floyd Rose in Tungsten for trade... well potentially for trade, it depends if the right thing comes along!

It's Mexican but the higher end of the Mexican spectrum. It's in quite a rare colour... could be a good thing or bad thing. I've heard it be confused with various colours before but I can confirm it's definitely tungsten. It's all original and has a proper Floyd on it. HSS. These are a discontinued model.

Overall it's it good condition. Frets were polished recently by someone who knows what they're doing (took it to a shop) and it's setup for 10's. The frets themselves have loads of life in them, it just wasn't getting played so I gave it some TLC. It comes in a proper flight case which was bought separately.

I will try photograph any marks on it later this evening if there is some interest around this, although like I say it's in good condition, I couldn't find any when looking this morning (but I was late for work so will give it a proper going over later)

There are more specs here... (http://support.fender.com/service_diagrams/stratocaster/113-3100B_SISD.pdf)

It's a lovely guitar. I won't do the sales pitch of plays like butter/never gigged (although it hasn't been!)/best guitar I've ever owned. I do like it and it's been with me quite a while but I can't afford to bring in another guitar without at least releasing one!

I'll very happily keep it, however if the right...

Hollowbody
P90's
Gold
Les
Telecaster (light, SS)
SG

was to come up then I may consider parting ways with it. As a guide price, the shop where I took it valued it around the £450/500 mark. I can add cash as well.

photo IMAG0811_zpsuia2sueq.jpg

photo IMAG0815_zpsfsibdmig.jpg

photo IMAG0812_zpsgp87y5ir.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    That looks like a nice guitar... couldn't really tell from that link if the the humbucker splits though. Also, where are you based, and are you interested in selling?

Cheers
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6975
    What's the neck profile like?? Thin or thick?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2998
    edited May 2014
    Now then guys,

I'm based in Harrogate. By all means, anyone is welcome for a jam/coffee/viewing. Not really thought of selling it... will mull it over this evening!

The humbucker doesn't split.

The neck profile is... medium? I will get some sort of accurate measurement later this evening! It's by no means near 50's Gibson (which is my ideal neck!) but it's quite far from wafer thin! Somewhere between a C & D at a guess!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    You have pm

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    You have pm
    Hi Spark, I haven't got PM from you yet I'm afraid?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    spark240 said:
    You have pm
    He's written a message on your wall not an actual PM.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    What's the neck profile like?? Thin or thick?
    I didn't get chance to get that measurement last night, was at rehersals which took longer than anticipated. I will definitely get an accurate measurement tonight!
    spark240 said:
    You have pm
    He's written a message on your wall not an actual PM.
    Ah! Cheers @not_the_dj !
    edited May 2014
    Sorry for slow replies to PM's/This thread! Been quite busy with rehearsals and work! I will update this thread with more information/pics on me lunch today!
    What year is it?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    edited May 2014
    More pics, more info!

In regards to the neck... I've done a rough measurement! If anyone has any more accurate methods, let me know! I basically measured the neck at the first fret using a piece of string as accurately as I could. It confirmed my belief...

It came in at a little over 8cm. My Fat 50's Gibson neck was 9.5 cm and another one of strats that I consider to have a slim neck came in at just over 6cm. It appears to be as medium as it can be!

I'm fairly sure it's early 2000's in regards to the year it was made. Once again, I can confirm this later on. At work at the moment so haven't got the serial number on me.

I can't say how this compares to a Fender Blacktop Floyd Rose. Obviously the Blacktop is HH and this is HSS. What I will say is the single coils in this model are fantastic and very useable.

I found two marks on the guitar when taking some more photo's this morning. Both are extremely small, however, I've tried my best photo them.

photo IMAG0839_zpsf7xlwhah.jpg

photo IMAG0837_zpsfe5izexd.jpg

photo IMAG0836_zps93ylyyvx.jpg

photo IMAG0835_zpsqa85xsyy.jpg

This mark is on the bottom of the guitar along the edge... if that makes sense.

photo IMAG0829_zps0ulmt1fp.jpg

photo IMAG0828_zpsujctrxp8.jpg

photo IMAG0827_zpste5st9pb.jpg

I'm willing to entertain selling this for cold hard cash as something has come up. I'm still on the fence about flogging it as it's an extremely versatile guitar.

Here's a video with some clean tones not mic'd up particularly well! The thumbnail is my Les Paul but the video starts out with this strat.

Whoaaaa.....dude....I nearly fell asleep at the desk ! ( in a nice way )

Im afraid I am a complete Strat novice,, whats " Deluxe" about this model please? 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    Whoaaaa.....dude....I nearly fell asleep at the desk ! ( in a nice way )

Im afraid I am a complete Strat novice,, whats " Deluxe" about this model please? 
    Ha, nobody has said that about my playing before!

Various things make it deluxe but my knowledge is also limited in this area. Pickups & electrics are a one of the main differences between standard and deluxe. I'm fairly sure the body wood is different to Mexican Standards. Generally the overall quality is much better than a standard Mexican.
  • Hi mate, sorry I know this is a low offer but it's all I've got I'm afraid. I'd be interested at £350 and I can collect as I'm in leeds.
    Cheers.
    Paul
  • Hi mate, sorry I know this is a low offer but it's all I've got I'm afraid. I'd be interested at £350 and I can collect as I'm in leeds.
    Cheers.
    Paul
    Now then dude,

Already speaking to someone about it, however, if it falls through I will get in touch! Thanks for the interest and the offer.
  • let me know too please, I like this !!

Well, I didn't have it in the end, no real reason other than I found a HH instead of HSS, I'm still not sure I made the right decision, but there you go !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview