NGD

What's Hot
boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383

Got this in a swap deal with @Hymnal for my Gordon Smith. US body, Jap neck and Fender 69 pickups. All very tasty and it plays rather nicely: it also sounds far more "stratty" than my other home brewed bitsacaster. So very happy with it generally, although it has a crack in the back of the body, but this is apparently very old and completely stable.I think I might refinish the body with wudtone. I believe @stonevibe did the oiled finished job when he had it in a previous incarnation but it's not really my thing.

I was going to christen it The KatyPricecaster (seeing as how several members have been through it already and it has an old gash) but in view of this pic I think it shall be known as Brown Dog.

5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    That is beautiful, as is the excellent dog. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Looks great! You could have definitely played on the stripped and oiled part with the KP metaphor though ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    edited May 2014

Cheers @Lexie1. I just noticed one of the cats is trying to get in on the act too.

>:D<
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlanPAlanP Frets: 54
    edited May 2014
    You should perhaps take advice about a wudtone finish.  If it has already been oiled, then wudtone might be problematic...

(PS.  Looks nice as it is...)
    AlanP said:
    You should perhaps take advice about a wudtone finish.  If it has already been oiled, then wudtone might be problematic...
    Already done some scouring through the forum to see if it's do-able and it seems it could be ok as it's only very lightly finished, but I'm going to ask advice from Mr Wudtone anyway.
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    incoming strat GAS..
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7155
    edited May 2014
    boogieman said:
    AlanP said:
    Already done some scouring through the forum to see if it's do-able and it seems it could be ok as it's only very lightly finished, but I'm going to ask advice from Mr Wudtone anyway.
    I didn't use Wudtone as Fender's sealer is pretty full on and doesn't  'play well' with Wudtone as the base coat needs to sink in. I have used Wudtone on a few of my guitars, so side-stepped it because of this.

I'd definitely ask Andy's opinion on this one.

Tung oil is what I put on and only one coat, because it doesn't need to 'sink in' it stays on the top and hardens forming a barrier that stops the wood getting wet, dirty etc.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice Strat.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited May 2014
    A Strat and a chocolate Lab - I personally find those two an excellent combination for a happy life.  Good work, sir.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    stonevibe;241565" said:
    boogieman said:

AlanP said:

I didn't use Wudtone as Fender's sealer is pretty full on and doesn't  'play well' with Wudtone as the base coat needs to sink in. I have used Wudtone on a few of my guitars, so side-stepped it because of this.

I'd definitely ask Andy's opinion on this one.

Tung oil is what I put on and only one coat, because it doesn't need to 'sink in' it stays on the top and hardens forming a barrier that stops the wood getting wet, dirty etc.
    Ah that's all useful to know. Cheers man.
  • After the second picture I think it should be the Sneaky Catocaster...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72437
    Judging by the look on its face, the cat is thinking "now if I give this a push, it will fall forward and whack the big mutt's nose, but he's a mutt so he'll never suspect ME!!"

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    edited May 2014
    What kind of fertilizer did you use, to get the purple flowers to grow out of the dogs head?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    sweet :D