Garageband Projects

Si_Si_ Frets: 384
Hi all,

Never really been into recording stuff but thought I'd give it a try using garageband (I've got Logic 9 but it's way too complicated for me at this early stage).

Is there anywhere I can download pre-made Garageband projects? I know I can get backing tracks easily, but wanted to get my hands on some that are split into tracks (mainly Drums + Bass) that I can mess with rather than just a plain MP3 with it all in 1 track.. Wanted to record guitar onto them, maybe do some double tracking, solos stuff etc etc..

Any help appreciated..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    I think you can get Jampacks. Can't remember if they are snippets you put together or just more kits/ instruments. Pretty easy to throw something together though. It's all mainly loop based.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Do you like the Nine Inch Nails?

If so you can download some of their tracks as a Garageband project. Started for a remix competition a while back (when The Slip album came out).

http://www.ninremixes.com/multitracks.php

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    edited May 2014
    @Si_ did you know in the iPad version you can go to track view and drag sample loops for drums, bass etc into each track after clicking on the loop symbol. I've also got drum beats+ which you can copy and paste into a GarageBand track.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    Pretty much any MIDI (.mid) file will split down into its constituent parts on import.

You can mess about with them then.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Do you like the Nine Inch Nails?
    If so you can download some of their tracks as a Garageband project. Started for a remix competition a while back (when The Slip album came out).
    There great.. thanks for that..