Insulting two instruments

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
edited June 2014 in Making Music
I've got to play at a summer fayre next week, they have an acoustic duo first, then a crooner type singer, then me. I did it last year, played a few acoustic songs but covered similar ground to the duo (but with better taste in songs, IMO of course). 

So I tried to do something different this year, but have really struggled to fit the 30 minute slot with suitable music - be it trying to go a bit foot stampy folky, or risking a bit of sunny happy rock, or even turning to blues wanks, it just sounds crap and I've not got time to learn it well enough to pull it off. 

So it seems I've pulled off the harshest of insults to the guitar by deciding to switch to keys, as I'm much more natural at that and don't need to think about coordination as much between singing and playing. But at the same time, I'm seemingly insulting the piano by playing what could be seen as mild jazz upon it rather than stuff that would do it justice... 

Still, it's likely only going to be a digical anyway so I guess that's a greater insult than the jazz haha
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom