Rainger FX - handmade in London

What's Hot
I'm not affiliated, just a fan. Here's the site:

They're very weird, experimental pedals, which allow for some really cool sounds. Nothing really "conventional", but they're great bits of kit.

I've got one of David's Son of Freakenstein fuzzes and it is just superb. Batshit insane and the best-sounding fuzz I've ever used. Incredible amounts of gain and it sustains for ages, but doesn't make even the slightest noise thanks to a built-in noise gate (meaning that you can use it with single-coil guitars without any hum issues - my Jazzmaster and my dad's Tele and Top Twenty love it). The tone is superb and more versatile than the minimal controls would lead you to believe.

The OSC knob controls an oscillating frequency in the circuit, which dramatically alters the sound depending on where it's set. And you can control it with an expression pedal, which makes it sound a bit like a Phase 90 being buggered.

I'm aiming to get a demo of it onto YouTube at some point (or at least a video or two featuring it), but for now here's another guy demoing one:

Go to around 1:10 and you'll hear the noise gate and OSC controls doing their business.

David's customer service is great too - I had a bit of an issue with mine at one point which was sorted out quickly and efficiently, and he kept me posted on what was going on throughout.

Great pedal, cool little company. Recommended.
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    If you know the dude get him on the site. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I don't know him (as in, never met him) but have spoken to him via email and so on.

I'll drop him a line and see if he's interested :)
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Man. I can tell you that I will be buying one of those Dr Frankenstein pedals.
    But all of those things are really good effects pedals, new ideas. I like it a lot.
    They're great, you won't regret it!
  • .... Boo!
    Thanks for the nice comments!
    I'm currently waiting for pcbs for the Dr Freakenstein Bass, which should be killer - will let you guys know about it.
    It's got a bunch of bass-friendly features (and more low end).
    Been hanging out with a few bassists for a change, getting some input on it - which was fun!
    No, really!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Welcome to the forums David, hope you enjoy it here :)
  • RaingerFX are innovative pedals, their enclosures, their approach everything. We've tried most of them here and we love the Freakenstein Fuzz and, lately, The Bleep is which is hybrid fuzz/bleep madness. Love their ideas and its great to see a supplier with a totally original pedal line up. Recommended.
    We are a UK based, family run company retailing guitar effects pedals and accessories online. 
    https://www.breakthemachine.co.uk  connect@breakthemachine.co.uk