PSA: New Jet City amp in the UK

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26553
This may appeal to some of you guys:

A new version of the JCA20H - single-channel, darker and cleaner (ie more vintage) than the original, with a post-master-volume effects loop and a depth control.

Oh, and it's £219.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice one, I'm very tempted by one of these as a back-up head. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    Ooh, that's the one I fancied. I really have no money for a new amp, but if I did I wonder what would be a good matching 1x12? :ar!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26553
    edited July 2014
    Well, I can say that I've fallen back in love with the own-branded Eminence speakers that come with Jet City gear, but they're a very modern sound. You'd probably want something V30-esque (or even the new Celestion V-Type) - that's what they ship in the HV vertical 2x12" cabs in the US.

I honestly thought the HV would be more expensive over here...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Looks like a nice addition to the range -  but I was hoping it was the new 3 channel amp finally available - any news on that?
    John_P said:
    Looks like a nice addition to the range -  but I was hoping it was the new 3 channel amp finally available - any news on that?
    It's not a three-channel amp per se - technically, there are 3 channels (vintage clean, crunch and drive), but it's all MIDI-controlled...including parameters.

And no...no news yet. I'm itching for one, frankly. I reckon it's going to be around the £400 mark...they said it'll be "flagship amp" pricing, and the previous flagship amp was the JCA100HDM - currently £375.
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72209
    This may appeal to some of you guys:

A new version of the JCA20H - single-channel, darker and cleaner (ie more vintage) than the original, with a post-master-volume effects loop and a depth control.

Oh, and it's £219.
    I really like the look of that, and (from the description at least) the sound.

The Jet City logo is *so* much better than that "333" thing, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2014
    ICBM said:
    The Jet City logo is *so* much better than that "333" thing, too.
    Ain't that the truth. Thing is, they don't ship it with any of their amps other than the HV and the Custom Shop ones...you can buy replacements, though. It just seems a little weird to buy just a company's logo to me, though ;)
    <space for hire>
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2346
    That does look a lot better than the stock cosmetics. To be fair, it'd be hard to look any worse (though personally I'll put up with them when they sound that good and cost so little).

That being said it's £30 more than the two channel high gain one. I need the chugga chugga weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!, really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    digitalscream;307577" said:
    Well, I can say that I've fallen back in love with the own-branded Eminence speakers that come with Jet City gear, but they're a very modern sound. You'd probably want something V30-esque (or even the new Celestion V-Type) - that's what they ship in the HV vertical 2x12" cabs in the US.

I honestly thought the HV would be more expensive over here...
    One of those Harley Benton 's with a V30 might make it a cheap package. I only found one online review of the 20hv when I last looked and it made much of its dark tone and I think Vintage 30's have a more upper mid thing going on so that might work.
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1204
    edited July 2014
    Finally! These have been a long time coming. Bloody 16 ohm output though.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10393
    John_P said:
    It's not a three-channel amp per se - technically, there are 3 channels (vintage clean, crunch and drive), but it's all MIDI-controlled...including parameters.

And no...no news yet. I'm itching for one, frankly. I reckon it's going to be around the £400 mark...they said it'll be "flagship amp" pricing, and the previous flagship amp was the JCA100HDM - currently £375.
    Ooh if it's  midi control of gain and EQ then it would tempt me, they should put that on every amp
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Nice.

I wonder who the guitar legend who asked for it is?
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    looks really nice, and it has a depth switch!...if they did that with EL34 instead of the EL84...i would be all over it!
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Babones said:
    Finally! These have been a long time coming. Bloody 16 ohm output though.
    Looks like there's an 8 ohm on there?

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

The spec says 16ohm or 2x8 ohm.
    Yes, so you can use 1 x 8 ohm if you want.
    <space for hire>

those Harley Bentons with the V30s in are less than £80, that's a new, giggable valve rig for £300.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72209
    digitalscream said:

EricTheWeary said:

Actually it's poorly labelled, as usual.

It has one 16-ohm jack and two 8-ohm jacks (in parallel) - this means you can use:

One 16-ohm cab.

or

One 8-ohm cab.

or

Two 16-ohm cabs (connected to both *8* ohm jacks).

But *not* two 8-ohm cabs. (Or not without a mismatch, anyway - that gives a 4-ohm load.)

Why all amp companies can't label them in the clear, unambiguous and not requiring knowledge of the rules for combining impedances way Laney do, I do not know!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Sounds good. Just need to wait for a 50 watt, two channel one that has the depth mod done and a more normal effects loop.

So stupidly cheap!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Hmmm, looks loads better than he standard trim. I'm quite tempted to give one a try for giggles, think it could be a good platform for my rock board.