Callaham only option / Improving trem action threads on Strat talk, love a good trem discussion!

What's Hot

Hello, if any tfb members have been adding their experience of using our 3rd gen trems on these influencial threads, it is much appreciated , thank you!

http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/298805-callaham-only-option.html

and also re CP VT version here

http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/298337-improving-vibrato-action.html#post1680969

kind regards

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    I'm very happy with the Wilkinson vintage trem with the push in arm for under £30 , most others are pretty much snake oil and fashion.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    I love the Callaham for its removal of the arm wobble.
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    edited August 2014
    You might like to check Wudtone Guitars out.

No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited August 2014
    Hello @sweepy it just so happens that a used wilkinson vintage trem is featured in this video.

thickest plating I have ever seen on a bridge.

Perhaps you would be so bold as to share a list of "most others" you are referring too, which in your opinion, are snake oil and fashion!.

Would you do that for me and this community?:

My worry is that your comment was designed to insinuate, suggest to readers the patented Wudtone CP trems are snake oil and fashion. Was that the case Yes or No ?  

If the answer was YES . I suggest you take time to understand product, why it is different and how those differences add the kind of value expressed by customers and seen in the video,  before you go around insinuating something is a fraud. I mention to help you, because if what you say is both false and defamatory, it may cost you.

@Moe_Zambeek agreed our block also features a nylon bush above the threads ( just like Callaham'd do) . It is an excellent way to eliminate slack. Ours start from £34.99.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672
    edited August 2014
    *deleted comment along the lines of "you're not helping yourself by getting stroppy with someone who makes an off-the-cuff remark on a forum, unless you own it"

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547
    edited August 2014
    agreed, especially when the whole point of this thread seems to be to divert theFB members to another forum to do your promotion for you.   Maybe a more targeted approach would be better, i.e. send a private message to anyone who gives you good feedback asking if they mind posting their experiences on said forum.  maybe even offer them a discount on future purchases if they do

A lot of forums have an outright ban against this kind of thing, I am guessing the strat talk one does.  in fact lets check their rules:

AFFILIATE LINKS & COMPETING WEBSITES: 
    You may not post links containing any kind of Affiliate Program coding or links in any post. Nor may you promote your competing music/guitar website on our website. This includes using Posts, Signatures or Private Messages for this purpose.

COMMERCIAL DEALERS: 
    You cannot post ads, PR notices or sales offers in our regular forums. This can only be done in the Vendor forums and only members of the Vendor Program can post in these forums.

Luckily this forum is a lot more tolerant, i assume out of the realisation that  allowing a little bit of self promotion from businesses encourages more experienced input into the rest of the forum.   If you look at someone like Feline or Oil City you see a really good balance between providing good input to the forum and self promotion.  the self promotion usually works better because every knows and respects their opinion in other matters.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2014
    oh, now paul's comment has gone  :( I will take my wisdom back
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    edited August 2014
    I think this is more product promotion rather than general gear chat, so moved to Made in the UK.

And, @andypwudtone, I've PM'd you re your follow-up comment.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited August 2014

check this thread out - http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/tech-talk/17119-jeff-becks-trem-setup.html as what must be the platinum standard for non floyd strat setups for most players 

On My CP60 , I  changed my tuners to gotoh locking version ( my preference - despite much forum challenge :-) )   - previously had a good setup @ KGB guitars and with a little additional lubrication primarily nut ( planet waves lubrikit )  is now practically perfect - im considering a new block as mine didnt come with a steel unit as per original issue ( may go for a tapered unit - tbc ; number of uk guys on ebay who seem to do Callaham steel stye units at decent prices)  ..    

Happy to demo a WudTone  - whilst my CP60 is good , my Luke 3 trem unit is  THE  benchmark for me - superb and grief free

• just to re state my original sentence 
    if any tfb members have been adding their experience of using our 3rd gen trems on these influencial threads, it is much appreciated , thank you! 

links as before

@WezV thank you for the marketing advice
    If I am breaking any rules , I'm sure the relevant authorities will let me know.
    kind regards

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672
    WezV said:
    oh, now paul's comment has gone  :( I will take my wisdom back
    sorry!

I'm quite reluctant to get involved in heated online discussions (though I don't mind reading them ;) ) these days and I wimped out :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    I made my comment as I do get to fit Callaham, Gotoh and various other bridges to Strats etc and after 30 odd years of generally dicking about with guitars, all people want from a Strat trem is that it stays in tune and the arm doesn't wobble in the thread causing unnecessary noise . Andy, your trems may indeed be the Bees knees and Dogs danglies, but there is so much snake oil and fashion-nazi pressure in the guitar community that unsuspecting punters can waste a lot of money. I am by no means singling out your company, there are many that insist that the latest bumblebee cap for £25 will make your les paul sound like a 59 etc etc , so I always approach with some trepidation when someone has suddenly invented a "Holy Grail" call me old and cautious if you like ;)
  • @sweepy ;
    approach with trepidation by all means, but calling most others as frauds.  

Thank you, OK which trem systems have you actually got experience of that are pretty much snake oil and fashion?

does that list include the Wudtone CP Holy Grail or Wudtone CPVT trem?

edited August 2014
    @sweepy ;
    approach with trepidation by all means, but calling most others as frauds.  

Thank you, OK which trem systems have you actually got experience of that are pretty much snake oil and fashion?

does that list include the Wudtone CP Holy Grail or Wudtone CPVT trem?

@andypwudtone
    So, having warned / threatened @sweepy that he should avoid insinuations that could be taken as defammatory, you're now asking him to name specific brands ????

If this thread gets any sillier, I'm going to lock it.
    My sincere apologies TTony if I caused any offence or issue in the forum, it certainly wasn't meant that way. I shall now go back to playing guitar :)
    just to re state my original sentence 

I think you mean re-write... although it is much clearer now so it was a worthy re-write  :)

you can see why some forums ban business promotion altogether, it can cause issues.

personally i don't mind it at all.  I quite like to see people get excited about their product and it does encourage me to keep an eye on their stuff.  

But any business owner who ever posts on a forum needs to accept that not everyone will love their product, some won't see the point, others will have a firm favourite they can't be swayed away from.  As long as everyone respects that others products out there exist, and can function well,  then there shouldn't be any issues. 

edited August 2014
    sweepy said:
    My sincere apologies TTony if I caused any offence or issue in the forum, it certainly wasn't meant that way. I shall now go back to playing guitar :)
    You caused no offence or issue @sweepy.  
    edited August 2014
    I have to say, I am offended.

I have asked @sweepy to confirm whether or he has any experience ( ie has played a guitar with one fitted ) of a Wudtone CP Holy Grail or CPVT trem. I'm sure you can understand why this is now a very important question that deserves an answer in the context of "most others are pretty much snake oil and fashion". 

edited August 2014
    WezV said:
    just to re state my original sentence 

I think you mean re-write... although it is much clearer now so it was a worthy re-write  :)

you can see why some forums ban business promotion altogether, it can cause issues.

personally i don't mind it at all.  I quite like to see people get excited about their product and it does encourage me to keep an eye on their stuff.  

But any business owner who ever posts on a forum needs to accept that not everyone will love their product, some won't see the point, others will have a firm favourite they can't be swayed away from.  As long as everyone respects that others products out there exist, and can function well,  then there shouldn't be any issues. 

HI Wez, your missing what the cause of the issue at stake is. Product info, product feedback from others in other places which you may consider as promotion has nothing to do with the cause of the issue in this thread. 

Let me put it this way. The next time someone calls or insinuates that your product is, or even might be a fraud, then I think you deserve the right to clarify whether that is, or is not, actually the case and so defend your company / product credibility. 
    kind regards
    I was not involved with that, i was merely giving my opinion on the original wording of your first post.  I read it earlier and it seemed out of order, more so when you get defensive

but since you bring it up I will express my opinion on  the other bits you are talking about.

sweepys response made perfect sense in relation to the original wording of your thread when it was still in the general discussion section.

To paraphrase  - You talked a bit about trems but also stated that you loved a good discussion about strat trems, he stated that he is happy with the wilko one and doesn't  see any benefit in other things that are marketed as improvements.

it would be perfectly acceptable for you to talk about the improvements yours brings over the wilko one, and linking to your promotional video seems reasonable. not  unreasonable to ask which trems he has used eitehr.  but you did get a bit too defensive in your response.

I don't think the 2 posters following your original one even realised you had such a vested interest or knew who you were.  The title and original wording were not clear, they were simply responding to a thread about strat trems with their preference,  on a general discussion forum, probably not expecting to have to defend their comments as much as you are asking them to.

I won't be surprised when you reword all previous replies to make the following replies seem more unreasonable than they are - i can't even be bothered quoting you to make sure it does not happen

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom