SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 70's Selmer TnB, 8w - 50w, modded 70's Calrsbro cab with Mckensie Speakers

WezVWezV Frets: 16661
edited August 2014 in Amps £
Just considering if I need to move these on.... not totally sure yet so this is more of a feeler thread

The Selmer is in good condition other than worn of paint on the knobs and a few marks on the shell.  It still works great.  I did have some issue with crackle when i first got it but it now seems to have disappeared, the more I have used it the better it has got - but for this reason i would highlight it may need a service soon.  Its currently fitted with some TAD tonebones (triad) which are a plug and play solution to convert this from 50w to 8w.  It means i can use at least half the volume control at home rather than the first 8th.  I still have the old tubes that can be put back in, although I can't remember if it was more crackly with these

The cab is the top half of an old carlsbro 4x12.  its been converted to a 2x12 and recovered  by me - it was my first attempt to there are a few lumps and bumps

The Mckensie speakers are 70's and british made, they look almost identical to greenbacks from the period except they are painted maroon.  They were also used by Park and Marshall at the time and sound wise they are pretty much like a greenback.  the speakers are 8ohm each, i have them wired to a series/parallel switch for 4 or 16ohm

Not sure what the value of these would be.  the amps seem to be going between £150-300 depending on condition, tonebones are a £75 upgrade ... speakers are a bit of a wild card???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments