Youtube kick in the nuts today...

What's Hot
horsehorse Frets: 1562
Sorry if you're expecting a video of someone being kicked in the nuts ;-)

Posted our first pro-shot video a couple of weeks ago. Really pushed on the promo with supportive bloggers etc, including getting a couple of retweets by Whispering Bob. Really happy with our almost 7000 views despite youtube docking several hundred every now and again along the way.

Today they completely pulled the video and reposted it with zero views... Apparently they think we're gaming the views, which is a bit of a pisser. Anybody else had similar?

Here's the new version if you'd be kind enough to give it a watch:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    That was easy on the ear.  Dunno what genre you'd call that.  Out of curiosity, what sort of market are you aiming at?

I liked the guitar with the vine inlay too.  Didn't recognise what sort it was but it looked nice. 

Haven't got a clue about YouTube.  But funnily enough I looked at one of my vids today and noticed it got a big spike last week, all on one day, and apparently all from Mexico.  I'm not quite sure I like the idea of my guinea pigs being popular in South America...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1562
    edited August 2014
    Grunfeld said:
    That was easy on the ear.  Dunno what genre you'd call that.  Out of curiosity, what sort of market are you aiming at?

I liked the guitar with the vine inlay too.  Didn't recognise what sort it was but it looked nice. 

Haven't got a clue about YouTube.  But funnily enough I looked at one of my vids today and noticed it got a big spike last week, all on one day, and apparently all from Mexico.  I'm not quite sure I like the idea of my guinea pigs being popular in South America...
    Thanks for taking a listen. We're staking a claim in the new UK country scene, which is responding really well - other tracks tend to have a little more rock in them - www.dexeterband.co.uk

That's @geepers0677 playing the vine inlay guitar - believe it or not it is a Daisy Rock Guitar - we have an endorsement deal with 'em.

You wanna be careful about unexpected spikes in stats from abroad - next thing you know they'll be shutting you down!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah that was a kick in the nuts. Ran cold when I read the email and checked the video. Still 300 views on day one again is good. Shame we lost the momentum though - so much promo went into it!
    The guitar is a Daisy Rock Venus Elite - endorsement thing, nice player despite being dropped that night.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    edited August 2014
    Although you've lsot the numbers from a revenue standpoint at least you still got your song seen by 7000 folks. Even reposting the video can't take away that initial exposure.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    Very mellow. Not my genre but I liked it and the video too. Good work!
    Although you've lsot the numbers from a revenue standpoint at least you still got your song seen by 7000 folks. Even reposting the video can't take away that initial exposure.
    TBH I think we're more disappointed at losing the evidence of how far it got in a couple of weeks, which is a useful promotional stat for the stage we're at, and the fact that the shared links out there are now broken. You're right though that it still has done us a lot of good regardless.
    Very mellow. Not my genre but I liked it and the video too. Good work!
    Thanks for giving it a listen :-)
  • :)

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    Crackin' track that. Great vocals, plenty of 'space' in the track. Lovely to hear a production that breathes and where everyone is working together like that.
    I'd buy it.
    :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    equalsql said:
    Crackin' track that. Great vocals, plenty of 'space' in the track. Lovely to hear a production that breathes and where everyone is working together like that.
    I'd buy it.
    :)
    Thanks mate - you're welcome to buy it on itunes, googleplay or http://dexeter.bandcamp.com/ if the mood takes you!

Thanks for listening and the kind comments :-)
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    Gave it a watch - nice quality video.  Funnily enough it sounded AWFUL on my laptop speakers (most stuff does as they are shat but it was really noticeably bad) but through headphones it's really nice and balanced.  Probably just YT compression or something?
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    edited August 2014
    I enjoyed it, you done a great job on this one.  Views are going up again. ;)
    Gave it a watch - nice quality video.  Funnily enough it sounded AWFUL on my laptop speakers (most stuff does as they are shat but it was really noticeably bad) but through headphones it's really nice and balanced.  Probably just YT compression or something?
    There's still youtube compression in play when you listen through headphones, so maybe just unlucky in playing to frequencies that your laptop speakers don't represent well? There's probably a technical explanation!
    edited August 2014
    Mick said:
    I enjoyed it, you done a great job on this one.  Views are going up again. ;)
    Cheers - really should give credit to Paul at Prudence Studios in Leicester for the recording (Paul is also our double bass player)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I like that .. well done.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Yes, that's really good! Nice to listen to, and nice to watch.
    Fretwired said:
    I like that .. well done.

mart said:
    Yes, that's really good! Nice to listen to, and nice to watch.
    Thanks guys - much appreciated - just back home from 3 Dexeter gigs in the last 4 days!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Good singer , although l don't think the recording does her voice justice,  ...I'm afraid I got a little bored halfway...sorry.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    Good singer , although l don't think the recording does her voice justice,  ...I'm afraid I got a little bored halfway...sorry.
    No need to apologise for giving an opinion - thanks for giving it a listen :-). We've been really pleased with the response on here as we get that style-wise it's probably very different to what a lot of fretboarders usually choose to listen to.